I-130 approved before K-3!

I-130 approved before K-3!

Old Sep 19th 2002, 3:52 am
sid
Forum Regular

sid is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up I-130 approved before K-3!

Hi,
Just called VSC and found that my I-130 has been approved as of Sept. 17th.
Here's my timeline:
April 20th: 1st NOA date for I-130 (Vermont Service Center)
April 26th: Mailed out K-3 application
April 30th: K-3 1st NOA date from Missouri SC.
Sept. 17th: I-130 approved!!!!! (after 150 days)
Still waiting for K-3 approval.

Hey, atleast something got approved. Anyone know how long NVC is taking to process I-130s before they send it to the counsulate abroad?

-Sid

Last edited by sid; Sep 20th 2002 at 3:40 am.
Old Sep 19th 2002, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 approved before K-3!

Congratulations!!!! What a relief, I was really worrying about you.

You'll have a few cycles of forms with NVC before the case gets to the consulate. My I-130 approval was 7/15, and I just submitted my last set of forms to NVC last weekend.

For some info on NVC, ready my postings in the following thread, especially replies to Susie.

omer

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=97999
Old Sep 19th 2002, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by osaeed:

You'll have a few cycles of forms with NVC before the case gets to the consulate. My I-130 approval was 7/15, and I just submitted my last set of forms to NVC last weekend.

For some info on NVC, ready my postings in the following thread, especially replies to Susie.

omer

just a querie when did you get your first set of forms, mine was approved 08/14 and i still havent received anything from the NVC yet?
Old Sep 19th 2002, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

It took about 1 month after INS approval for me to receive my first set of forms from NVC.

Unlike INS operators, NVC operators are very helpful and give very realistic timelines.

omer

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:

just a querie when did you get your first set of forms, mine was approved 08/14 and i still havent received anything from the NVC yet?
Old Sep 19th 2002, 3:49 pm
sid
Forum Regular

Thanks osaeed

I have downloaded and filled forms I-864 and the agent choice form, so when NVC sends me these forms I'll mail them right away.
After I send these to NVC what other forms does NVC send me or my wife, besides DS-230?
Hope NVC moves fast because I have kind of given up hope on the K3.

omer

Last edited by sid; Sep 20th 2002 at 3:22 am.
Old Sep 19th 2002, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

DS-230 is the only other form you or your wife will receive. NVC should go ahead and send it in one packet, but they do not....

As I said, you will have to be patient with NVC, but at least you will be able to reach a live operator to get status.

omer

Originally posted by sid:
Thanks oaseed

I have downloaded and filled forms I-864 and the agent choice form, so when NVC sends me these forms I'll mail them right away.
After I send these to NVC what other forms does NVC send me or my wife, besides DS-230?
Hope NVC moves fast because I have kind of given up hope on the K3.
Old Sep 19th 2002, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Correction. When the I-864 is shipped to you, NVC will ship your wife the Agent Choice Letter (I think DS-3032). She will have to return that to NVC before the DS-230 is sent.

Summary of Steps

1. INS sends I-130 to NVC
2a. NVC sends I-864 and a copy of DS-3032 to USC
2b. NVC sends DS-3032 to overseas spouse (to speed up things, instead of waiting for 2b, you can fax the DS-3032 from 2a to your overseas spouse and have them Fedex it to NVC)
3. After receiving DS-3032, NC sends DS-230 to the designated agent (I designated myself, Fedexed the form to my wife, and had her Fedex it back. As a shortcut, you can have your wife designate you as the agent of choice in the DS-3032, download and fill out the DS-230, and mail it to you. Then when you receive the DS-230 package from NVC, you can immediately turn around and mail it back).

omer

DS-230 is the only other form you or your wife will receive. NVC should go ahead and send it in one packet, but they do not....

As I said, you will have to be patient with NVC, but at least you will be able to reach a live operator to get status.

omer

Old Sep 20th 2002, 1:57 pm
Sheryl

Congratulations, Sid! Great news! Maybe now that VSC finished your
case in the "slow" bin, it'll free them up to get to ours.

Doesn't the trend seem to be that I129f approval follows 130 approval
within a few days? I have also read on the message board that the NVC
has a newly imposed 90-day security hold on 130s. Are you sure
there's no hope for your K3?

Sheryl

Old Sep 20th 2002, 2:48 pm
sid
Forum Regular

I have read from this forum about the 90 day hold at the NVC. But I will call them in a few days and verify it.
Reason why I have given up hope on the K3 is that I have been waiting so long and others who applied after me have been approved. I have been waiting 143 days already. I don't see any reason why my K3 will not be approved but it's just a matter of time. But, if it takes another 2-3 months for the approval then it will be too late and I will just go ahead with the I-130 processing at the counsualte.
Sheryl, what is your NOA date at VSC?

-Sid
Originally posted by Sheryl:
Congratulations, Sid! Great news! Maybe now that VSC finished your
case in the "slow" bin, it'll free them up to get to ours.

Doesn't the trend seem to be that I129f approval follows 130 approval
within a few days? I have also read on the message board that the NVC
has a newly imposed 90-day security hold on 130s. Are you sure
there's no hope for your K3?

Sheryl
Old Sep 21st 2002, 8:21 pm
Moe

Correction. When the I-864 is shipped to you, NVC will ship your wife the Agent Choice Letter (I think DS-3032). She will have to return that to NVC before the DS-230 is sent.

Summary of Steps

2b. NVC sends DS-3032 to overseas spouse (to speed up things, instead of waiting for 2b, you can fax the DS-3032 from 2a to your overseas spouse and have them Fedex it to NVC)
3. After receiving DS-3032, NC sends DS-230 to the designated agent (I designated myself, Fedexed the form to my wife, and had her Fedex it back. As a shortcut, you can have your wife designate you as the agent of choice in the DS-3032, download and fill out the DS-230, and mail it to you. Then when you receive the DS-230 package from NVC, you can immediately turn around and mail it back).

omer

Summary of Steps

Hi osaeed,
so when I receive my I-864 and ds-3032 forms I should send MY DS-3032 to my wife, so she can fill it out and send it to NVC to save time rather then wait for her ds-3032 agent of choice letter copy to be received. . thanks in advance

Old Sep 21st 2002, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Moe,

You are correct. You do not have to send her your original copy, a fax or scanned copy is sufficient. Just make sure the NVC case number and barcode on the ds-3032 are faxed/scanned cleanly.

omer

Originally posted by Moe:

Hi osaeed,
so when I receive my I-864 and ds-3032 forms I should send MY DS-3032 to my wife, so she can fill it out and send it to NVC to save time rather then wait for her ds-3032 agent of choice letter copy to be received. . thanks in advance
Old Sep 21st 2002, 9:36 pm
Moe

Moe,

You are correct. You do not have to send her your original copy, a fax or scanned copy is sufficient. Just make sure the NVC case number and barcode on the ds-3032 are faxed/scanned cleanly.

omer

Hi osaeed,
thanks for the clarification, moreover what shgipping courier your wife used to expedite the form to the nvc from pakistan as thus my wife is also from pak. Thanks

Old Sep 21st 2002, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

She used Gerry's Fedex (she is in Islamabad). It took 3-4 days to reach NVC.

omer

Originally posted by Moe:

Hi osaeed,
thanks for the clarification, moreover what shgipping courier your wife used to expedite the form to the nvc from pakistan as thus my wife is also from pak. Thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 2:18 am
Moe

She used Gerry's Fedex (she is in Islamabad). It took 3-4 days to reach NVC.

omer

hi omer,
Thanks for all the information you provided....

Old Sep 28th 2002, 9:30 pm
Moe

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Moe:

Summary of Steps

Hi omer

When I receive my packet 2 from nvc which will include I-864 and DS-3032 forms. Do I have to send the I-864 forms back to the nvc or to my wife in order for her to present I-864 afffidavit of support when she has an interview, and what other forms she has to bring to the interview. Thanks in adavance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.