I-130

Old Oct 11th 2002, 11:29 am
Just Joined

davidkon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130

Can somebody help with the following questions:

I a USC and have been working in Hong Kong for the last two years. While doing business in China, I met my future wife, who is a Chinese national (will get married six months from now). After reading through this thread and advice from others, we agreed to get married in China and apply for an immigration visa (I-130) instead of a K-1. The reason being that I can apply for a I-130 in a DCF in Hong Kong which will expedite the processing of the I-130 application in Guangzhou. Upon approval of visa, we will go to the US to get her conditional green card.

My questions are:

1) Because of my job commitment in Hong Kong, she will have to leave the US immediately and return to China (the reason for this is my second part of the question). By doing so, will she lose her green card status or can she just apply for a re-entry permit before she leaves. We plan to come back to the US at least once a year to visit my parents.

2) Because she is still a Chinese national passport holder, the Hong Kong immigration department will not issue her a Hong Kong visa on her Chinese passport. They will only issue one when she gets her US re-entry permit indicating that she is a green card holder. Has anybody experience this before?

3 Will she lose her Chinese nationality when she marries me (before she decides to become a US citizen). If so, will she have any problem living,working , leaving and reentrying in China?

Thanks for your help