British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I-129F question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-129f-question-105835/)

angusgirl Nov 28th 2001 8:40 am

My US boyfriend and I are currently embarking on the K-1 process and starting to fill in the I-129F form. I am unsure as to what address I should put on the form as I am likely to move, within the same local area, in the next few weeks and the forms will (hopefully) have been submitted by then.

Would it be acceptable for me to get a PO Box and use that as my address?

Is the address used purely for correspondance or do the INS check that you are registered to vote there etc?

Thank you

Dutch In Atlanta Nov 28th 2001 10:44 am

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yes.

DUTCH

angusgirl Nov 28th 2001 1:57 pm

Thanks, I'm just not sure whether the INS want a home address so that they can do a proper background check.

I have another question.

Most of the phonecalls we have made to each other have been using phonecards. How have other people sent these as evidence without actually sending the originals?

Thanks

Andy Platt Nov 28th 2001 2:19 pm

This all seems a little confused to me. Your fiance is the US citizen so what forms
are *you* filing?! He needs to put his address on the I-129F and your address on any
forms where they ask for that. They don't do any background checks on either of you
though you will need to provide a police certificate at the point of filing.

In any case, if it's you who are moving and not your fiance, don't worry about it and
put your current address.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

angusgirl Nov 28th 2001 3:26 pm

I am not officially filling in any forms but I have a copy of the I-129F and am filling in my side and sending it to him, in order to eliminate any possible mistakes.

I realise that my address is not as important as his but I didn't know what the INS checked out. Thanks for the info.

jeffreyhy Nov 28th 2001 3:27 pm

Angus,

The INS isn't going to do any background check on you for the I-129f petition. Your address should be one where you can be sure that you will receive the mail that the US consulate will send to you, Packet #3, when they receive notification that the petition has been approved.

All of the phone calls that my wife and I made while she was in her home country were also made using phonecards. Phonecards that were purchased over the internet so there was no physical card, just e-mails from the provider with an access number to initiate the call and a PIN to reference the phonecard account.

So, we did not use telephone calls as evidence of our relationship. There is no requirement to provide evidence of telephone calls. Use whatever evidence of a relationship is readily available.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by angusgirl
Thanks, I'm just not sure whether the INS want a home address so that they can do a proper background check.

I have another question.

Most of the phonecalls we have made to each other have been using phonecards. How have other people sent these as evidence without actually sending the originals?

Thanks

ms_bhon Nov 28th 2001 3:51 pm

Hi

We sent in a xerox page of about 8 'spent' phonecards as supporting evidence along with photos, copies of airline tickets, etc. In the introduction letter I has mentioned a run down of the items enclosed. In mentioning the phonecards, I noted we included those "in lieu of phone bills as the phonecards were much cheaper than direct dialing" or something to that effect.