British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Husband got EAD appt so fast? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/husband-got-ead-appt-so-fast-111805/)

Aliluv Sep 25th 2002 4:25 pm

Husband got EAD appt so fast?

Hi All,

My husband has just received his appt notice for the EAD, we have just filed our AOS paperwork 3 weeks ago. (well a lawyer filed it) anyway can anyone tell me what my husband can expect at this appt.

P.S.
We are in the Los Angeles area and my gosh 3 weeks seems really fast to hear something, so far our experience has been pleasant.

Rete Sep 25th 2002 4:38 pm

Re: Husband got EAD appt so fast?

Originally posted by Aliluv:
Hi All,

My husband has just received his appt notice for the EAD, we have just filed our AOS paperwork 3 weeks ago. (well a lawyer filed it) anyway can anyone tell me what my husband can expect at this appt.

P.S.
We are in the Los Angeles area and my gosh 3 weeks seems really fast to hear something, so far our experience has been pleasant.

Apparently your husband's case reinforces the belief that attorney filed AOS and accompanying petitions get preferential treatment from LA INS. Such is the case with those that use the volunteer law services in the LA INS building as well.

Rete

Aliluv Sep 25th 2002 6:13 pm

I guess so, I had no idea, I wanted to do it myself so I am guessing it's better to have a lawyer. Doesn't really seem fair for those who can't afford one. We got a low price due to a freind working in the office otherwise we could not have afforded it.

Anyway does anyone know what to expect at this appt.

Thanks

Aliluv Sep 26th 2002 10:53 pm

Does anyone have an idea of what my husband should expect at this appt. Also I guess I should not go as it says there is no room for family members.
Do you know how long it will take? it's in Downtown Los Angeles.

Ali

Rete Sep 27th 2002 3:20 am

Originally posted by Aliluv:
Does anyone have an idea of what my husband should expect at this appt. Also I guess I should not go as it says there is no room for family members.
Do you know how long it will take? it's in Downtown Los Angeles.

Ali

The appointment does not require other family members to go with him unless he doesn't wish to go it alone. There is no interview. It is a matter of arriving on time, going to the floor indicated and placing his appointment letter in the box at the counter. His name will be called, he will prove who he is by showing his identification and he will sign the small card and place on digit fingerprint there as well. Again he will take a seat and wait for a while. Again his name will be called and they will take him into a room where they will take his photo. I know you were made to file with photos but they won't be used. Then in a while they will call his name again and present him with his new EAD card complete with his photo, signature and single digit fingerprint. Have him check the card for correctness, i.e. name, alien registration number, etc. If all is in order, he can leave.

Rete