Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

hurricane Ivan!

hurricane Ivan!

Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hurricane Ivan!

Criminy, Rete! I hope everything goes well for your daughter. Same goes for you, Cathy and the kidlet, IP! I´m keeping y´all in my prayers (if you don´t mind).

Elaine
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Criminy, Rete! I hope everything goes well for your daughter. Same goes for you, Cathy and the kidlet, IP! I´m keeping y´all in my prayers (if you don´t mind).

Elaine

Sorry, I was being a selfish mother there for a bit. She found shelter in an "inn" 40 miles north of the shore. If the good lord is willing when it is over with her house, one block from the beach, will be spared. If the good lord listens to my prayers, the heck with the house, she will be spared injury.

Now for Ironporer and Cathy and all others in the face of this hurricane, may you come through it all unscattered, whole and smiling at your good fortune.

And that goes to our good friend Jeannie in Birmingham who is wheelchair bound do to polio as a child.

Rete
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Keep us posted, please, Rete.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently these hurricans do affect Michigan, from what i've been told hurrican Hugo blew a Yugo off the Mackinac Bridge !
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:58 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

All the best to those affected by Ivan!

I remember the 1987 hurricane as well. I was only about 16, and we were leaving on a school coach trip early the next day. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night! We had a few roof tiles blown off, fences blown down, bushes flattened, but it didn't affect Bournemouth as much as it did places further east.

When we were in the coach driving to Dover to catch the ferry to France, we were all amazed at the devastation we saw throughout the South-East. I remember Kent was particularly hard hit.

Poor Michael Fish, he'll never live it down.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Keep us posted, please, Rete.

All's well in Biloxi and Gulfport. They stayed at a friend's house 40 minutes from the beach and slept through the hurricane. No damage to either their private home or the apartment complex they own. Thanks everyone for the prayers.

Rete

PS Hope Ironporer and Cathy and Son are faring as well.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad to hear they´re all okay, Rete!

I sure hope IP shows up on here sometime soon.

Elaine
Old Sep 16th 2004, 8:23 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear your daughter's ok Rete. We were watching the Weather channel coverage for most of the evening and I kept thinking about your daughter every time they mentioned Biloxi, which was quite a lot! It looked very frightening. We have a friend who lives in Pensacola and who had to evacuate to New Orleans. I was worried he'd get hit by the flooding there too, but it seems he escaped the storm for the most part. He seems to think he won't have a boat or a home to go back to though. Pensacola got hit pretty hard.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 10:39 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Glad to hear your daughter's ok Rete. We were watching the Weather channel coverage for most of the evening and I kept thinking about your daughter every time they mentioned Biloxi, which was quite a lot! It looked very frightening. We have a friend who lives in Pensacola and who had to evacuate to New Orleans. I was worried he'd get hit by the flooding there too, but it seems he escaped the storm for the most part. He seems to think he won't have a boat or a home to go back to though. Pensacola got hit pretty hard.

Just watching the storm damage in Florida and Alabama and worry greatly about Ironporer. Hope that he and family are uninjured and report in soon.

RG - hoping your friend as well fines his home untouched but thankful he heeded warnings and his safe himself.