Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Charley

Hurricane Charley

Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

kittya2004 will become famous soon enough
Default Hurricane Charley

I just wanted to extend my thoughts and prayers to any of you that are going to experience the hurricane. May you and your loved ones be safe and get through this without harm

" God Bless You All "
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hurricane Charley

Originally Posted by kittya2004
I just wanted to extend my thoughts and prayers to any of you that are going to experience the hurricane. May you and your loved ones be safe and get through this without harm

" God Bless You All "
My thoughts are with you guys too. Be safe!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:20 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Here Here!!

Sending good vibes and lots of prayers to the folks in Florida!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

ditto! Hope all is well for folks down there!

Hey Ray, you going to be hit by Charley?? I hope not! It might be hard to walk with a cane against 145 mph winds!

I was just watching the news and I can't believe that there are people staying. That's like staying outside even though you know a tornado is coming towards your house - people are nuts!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:47 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Hey Ray, you going to be hit by Charley?? I hope not! It might be hard to walk with a cane against 145 mph winds!
Jamie,
He is "supposed" to get hit. He's been offline for a while, so I assume he's lost power. He is also one of those hard-headed people that are staying despite mandatory evacuation.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Jamie,
He is "supposed" to get hit. He's been offline for a while, so I assume he's lost power. He is also one of those hard-headed people that are staying despite mandatory evacuation.
Yikes! I hope he's okay then. Those storm surges look to be very dangerous, especially considering they are saying that some parts of the Tampa area could become islands! I know I'd be high-tailing it out of there.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

kittya2004 will become famous soon enough

Ray I hope if you did stay and you are dealing with Charley's wrath that you are somewhere safe so you can just sit it out. Again my thoughts and prayers go out.

Yikes! I hope he's okay then. Those storm surges look to be very dangerous, especially considering they are saying that some parts of the Tampa area could become islands! I know I'd be high-tailing it out of there.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittya2004
Ray I hope if you did stay and you are dealing with Charley's wrath that you are somewhere safe so you can just sit it out. Again my thoughts and prayers go out.

He's battling Charley with his cane... its a good weapon, ya know.

Stay safe, Ray!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:30 pm
WTF?

Girl, I know it.

My husband has a cousin in Tampa, nobody knows WTF is up with him!! I only hope he evacuated.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:34 pm
Capt. Tuttle

kittya2004 wrote:

>I just wanted to extend my thoughts and prayers to any of you that are
    >going to experience the hurricane. May you and your loved ones be safe
    >and get through this without harm
    >" God Bless You All "
    >
If Ray is in Tampa I think he missed it, but it is headed right for me
on the east coast. Of course by the time it gets across the state it
shouldn't be much.
Maybe Ray left Tampa! There are a lot of people over here from there,
and they aren't too happy it is following them!! :)

Old Aug 14th 2004, 2:00 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Capt. Tuttle
kittya2004 wrote:

>I just wanted to extend my thoughts and prayers to any of you that are
    >going to experience the hurricane. May you and your loved ones be safe
    >and get through this without harm
    >" God Bless You All "
    >
If Ray is in Tampa I think he missed it, but it is headed right for me
on the east coast. Of course by the time it gets across the state it
shouldn't be much.
Maybe Ray left Tampa! There are a lot of people over here from there,
and they aren't too happy it is following them!!

We're holding our breath here in coastal Georgia. In spite of the current predictions that we should "only" have some surges, tropical storm force winds and flooding, it ain't over til Charlie is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out to sea. Hope any of you in SC or NC are braced.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 7:13 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Hurricane Charley

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Jamie,

Aww!! I hope he is ok!! I miss arguing with him, Ray wherever you are.. I hope you are ok!!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 7:15 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Hurricane Charley

My dad in law is in the East Coast of Florida
Oh my gosh! I hope he is ok!!, I can't wait to talk to him again!
Awww I am so frigging worried!!

Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well Ray posted on the us.visa group at 7:34 pm last night so assume he is fine and has power.

Cindy hope you come through your portion of the next hit without incident.

Rita
Old Aug 14th 2004, 12:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Well Ray posted on the us.visa group at 7:34 pm last night so assume he is fine and has power.
Cindy hope you come through your portion of the next hit without incident.
Rita
Thank you all...we were very fortunate ...it was due to hit us head on but it did a hard right further south around Port Charlotte and hit at 145 mph and then continued to cut a swathe thru the state ..and is currently heading toward the Carolinas..estimated damage in Florida is $15 billion.. the number of deaths has not been annouced yet.. Now!! for next week we have Hurricane Danielle..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.