Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hurray, I'm finally here in the US!

Hurray, I'm finally here in the US!

Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Jill470 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hurray, I'm finally here in the US!

Hi there,

I arrived in the US on 11 April on a K1 visa and all went very smoothly at immigration in Chicago, even though the gentleman on the immigration desk had not dealt with a K1 visa before and had to request assistance from a colleague.

The Californian sunshine is a welcome change from the harsh winter conditions I left behind in the UK

We are now busy fixing up my fiances house which was a real bachelor's pad lol! until I came along to put him straight on a few matters of household organization!

My fiance made the first application in the visa process in May 2007 and I had my interview at the US Embassy in London on 26th February 2008. We hope and pray that the next stages in the long line of bureaucratic hoops are as smooth to negotiate.

Good luck to all who travel on the visa road, may your journey be a peaceful one.

All the best,
Jill
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:07 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hurray, I'm finally here in the US!

Originally Posted by Jill470 View Post
Hi there,

I arrived in the US on 11 April on a K1 visa and all went very smoothly at immigration in Chicago, even though the gentleman on the immigration desk had not dealt with a K1 visa before and had to request assistance from a colleague.

The Californian sunshine is a welcome change from the harsh winter conditions I left behind in the UK

We are now busy fixing up my fiances house which was a real bachelor's pad lol! until I came along to put him straight on a few matters of household organization!

My fiance made the first application in the visa process in May 2007 and I had my interview at the US Embassy in London on 26th February 2008. We hope and pray that the next stages in the long line of bureaucratic hoops are as smooth to negotiate.

Good luck to all who travel on the visa road, may your journey be a peaceful one.

All the best,
Jill
Well get on with the wedding ..the clock is ticking ,..
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, and welcome to America!

Rene
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

All the best,
Jill
Congratulations, and welcome to America!
Brian
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:35 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

All the best,
Jill
Congrats! Welcome!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:32 am

katie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

All the best,
Jill
Good for you. Be Happy
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Jill470 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for the kind wishes. Yes indeed, we're getting down to the nitty gritty of the wedding plans now. We would both like to have our honeymoon outside the US but as we are not allowed to do that I wonder if anyone has any ideas of places to go? With all the paperwork and bureaucracy still to look forward to, I guess it would be better to holiday in a place with good internet access and a public records office nearby lol!

Thanks again for the welcome wishes.
Jill
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for the kind wishes. Yes indeed, we're getting down to the nitty gritty of the wedding plans now. We would both like to have our honeymoon outside the US but as we are not allowed to do that I wonder if anyone has any ideas of places to go? With all the paperwork and bureaucracy still to look forward to, I guess it would be better to holiday in a place with good internet access and a public records office nearby lol!

Jill
My favorite spot in the USA is Lake Tahoe, on the California/Nevada border. It's gorgeous there!

Rene
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:55 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Jill
Charleston South Carolina is very pretty. Great restaurants too. What about New York City?