British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Hurray, I'm finally here in the US! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hurray-im-finally-here-us-530592/)

Jill470 Apr 19th 2008 6:05 pm

Hurray, I'm finally here in the US!

Hi there,

I arrived in the US on 11 April on a K1 visa and all went very smoothly at immigration in Chicago, even though the gentleman on the immigration desk had not dealt with a K1 visa before and had to request assistance from a colleague.

The Californian sunshine is a welcome change from the harsh winter conditions I left behind in the UK :)

We are now busy fixing up my fiances house which was a real bachelor's pad lol! until I came along to put him straight on a few matters of household organization! :p:rofl:

My fiance made the first application in the visa process in May 2007 and I had my interview at the US Embassy in London on 26th February 2008. We hope and pray that the next stages in the long line of bureaucratic hoops are as smooth to negotiate.

Good luck to all who travel on the visa road, may your journey be a peaceful one. :thumbsup:

All the best,
Jill

Ray Apr 19th 2008 6:07 pm

Re: Hurray, I'm finally here in the US!

Originally Posted by Jill470 (Post 6234216)
Hi there,

I arrived in the US on 11 April on a K1 visa and all went very smoothly at immigration in Chicago, even though the gentleman on the immigration desk had not dealt with a K1 visa before and had to request assistance from a colleague.

The Californian sunshine is a welcome change from the harsh winter conditions I left behind in the UK :)

We are now busy fixing up my fiances house which was a real bachelor's pad lol! until I came along to put him straight on a few matters of household organization! :p:rofl:

My fiance made the first application in the visa process in May 2007 and I had my interview at the US Embassy in London on 26th February 2008. We hope and pray that the next stages in the long line of bureaucratic hoops are as smooth to negotiate.

Good luck to all who travel on the visa road, may your journey be a peaceful one. :thumbsup:

All the best,
Jill

Well get on with the wedding ..the clock is ticking ,..

Noorah101 Apr 19th 2008 6:26 pm

Congratulations, and welcome to America! :)

Rene

Arizona Wurzel Apr 19th 2008 7:18 pm

Hi there,

All the best,
Jill

Congratulations, and welcome to America!
Brian

penguinbar Apr 20th 2008 1:35 am

Hi there,

All the best,
Jill

Congrats! Welcome!

katie2 Apr 21st 2008 8:32 am

Hi there,

All the best,
Jill

Good for you. Be Happy:thumbsup:

Jill470 Apr 21st 2008 4:17 pm

Thank you very much for the kind wishes. Yes indeed, we're getting down to the nitty gritty of the wedding plans now. We would both like to have our honeymoon outside the US but as we are not allowed to do that I wonder if anyone has any ideas of places to go? With all the paperwork and bureaucracy still to look forward to, I guess it would be better to holiday in a place with good internet access and a public records office nearby :lol:lol!

Thanks again for the welcome wishes.
Jill :)

Noorah101 Apr 21st 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jill470 (Post 6243568)
Thank you very much for the kind wishes. Yes indeed, we're getting down to the nitty gritty of the wedding plans now. We would both like to have our honeymoon outside the US but as we are not allowed to do that I wonder if anyone has any ideas of places to go? With all the paperwork and bureaucracy still to look forward to, I guess it would be better to holiday in a place with good internet access and a public records office nearby :lol:lol!

My favorite spot in the USA is Lake Tahoe, on the California/Nevada border. It's gorgeous there!

Rene

penguinbar Apr 21st 2008 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jill470 (Post 6243568)

Charleston South Carolina is very pretty. Great restaurants too. What about New York City?