Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hurrah! Moving to the good ol US of A!

Wikiposts

Hurrah! Moving to the good ol US of A!

Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hurrah! Moving to the good ol US of A!

Originally Posted by Ariel the Mermaid
Mornin'

Just like to say fab site...after spending a few weeks searching for a site that was informative and helpful, this site is a blessing. (Man! there's a huge amount of cr*p out there on t'interweb!!) I'm moving out to Ventura County, CA in Oct this year - Hurrah! Only thing i'm not looking forward to is taking my driving test, should be easy peasy though right? straight roads, no roundabouts (turnabouts) you can turn right on red lights - does anyone know if you have to take a written test too?

Many thanks
Welcome to BE and good luck with your move.

Dont forget to STOP at The Stop signs when asked to by the examiner, unlike me...
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
Welcome to BE and good luck with your move.

Dont forget to STOP at The Stop signs when asked to by the examiner, unlike me...

Mmmm, did you fail?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Mornin'

Just like to say fab site...after spending a few weeks searching for a site that was informative and helpful, this site is a blessing. (Man! there's a huge amount of cr*p out there on t'interweb!!) I'm moving out to Ventura County, CA in Oct this year - Hurrah! Only thing i'm not looking forward to is taking my driving test, should be easy peasy though right? straight roads, no roundabouts (turnabouts) you can turn right on red lights - does anyone know if you have to take a written test too?

Many thanks
Hi,

Remember not all red lights let you turn right.
If your worried about the parallel parking ,just go to an empty car park and practice in a corner.

Good luck with the move.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:32 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unicorndreams
Hi,

Remember not all red lights let you turn right.
If your worried about the parallel parking ,just go to an empty car park and practice in a corner.

Good luck with the move.
Or if you’re the old lady that parks across the street from my house you just bash the cars in front and behind you until you sort of fit. Though not recommended for testing purposes.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:07 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
jug handles are the devil...all over PA and there's a few around here in MA, complete rubbish and make no sense

Are they? I've no idea what they are.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:16 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE...and don't worry about the driving, it's a doddle.
The test is a doddle, driving in SoCal is
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:23 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Mornin'

Many thanks
just to say hello and welcome to BE and the USA, however not so sure about the 'ol US of A' ..... it's all pretty new over here
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:37 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
just to say hello and welcome to BE and the USA, however not so sure about the 'ol US of A' ..... it's all pretty new over here
and the government just make it up as they go
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Or if you’re the old lady that parks across the street from my house you just bash the cars in front and behind you until you sort of fit. Though not recommended for testing purposes.
Too funny that you said that. Years ago I had to wait in a line outside Harrods for my purse to be searched before I could go into the store. A woman on the street did just as you described. First hit the car in front of her, then behind her, then in front of her again before putting the car into park and getting out. It kept us entertained.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:16 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Too funny that you said that. Years ago I had to wait in a line outside Harrods for my purse to be searched before I could go into the store. A woman on the street did just as you described. First hit the car in front of her, then behind her, then in front of her again before putting the car into park and getting out. It kept us entertained.
It’s an old lady trick world wide. Where in Cinci do you live? I Have folk in South Lebanon.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Are they? I've no idea what they are.
the stupid having to turn right to turn left business.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:48 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Mornin'

Many thanks
Hey Missy...I'll have you know that there is PLENTY of cr*p right here on BE...you do not have to elsewhere for it. Try the Lounge for starters.

PS- if you can drive on the right hand side and manage to not kill anybody you are better than most of us septics here.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:51 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ironporer
Hey Missy...I'll have you know that there is PLENTY of cr*p right here on BE...you do not have to elsewhere for it. Try the Lounge for starters.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:52 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Mornin'

Many thanks
Hello and welcome to BE.
Hope all goes well with your move to the USA
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:04 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Live in snowbirdland. Common occurence here I'd say

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.