Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hurrah! Moving to the good ol US of A!

Hurrah! Moving to the good ol US of A!

Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hurrah! Moving to the good ol US of A!

Originally Posted by Ariel the Mermaid
Thanks peeps.
anotherlimey - LOL! @Ace Rimmer, I have his flight jacket...soz gunna boast now, but I loved that programme and was fortunate that one of my family members worked on the programme.... I managed to um 'scrounge' a few items :-)
Wear it with pride!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and hope you settle in quickly.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:58 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks peeps.
anotherlimey - LOL! @Ace Rimmer, I have his flight jacket...soz gunna boast now, but I loved that programme and was fortunate that one of my family members worked on the programme.... I managed to um 'scrounge' a few items :-)
Welcome, so you have more Red Dwarf stuff? Like what? What did your family member do? As you can see I’m only a bit jealous.
Driving will be fine. Just a heads up though people in CA don’t seem to use blinkers much they just turn or change lanes. The excuse I have been told by a native is “Why bother you can tell I’m turning when I turn. “
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome to BE.

We do have a few roundabouts in NJ...we call them circles this side of the pond.

They also have jughandles. Can't make a bloody left hand turn from a major road in NJ without a jughandle first.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
They also have jughandles. Can't make a bloody left hand turn from a major road in NJ without a jughandle first.
LOL They did take some getting used to.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ariel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Welcome, so you have more Red Dwarf stuff? Like what? What did your family member do? As you can see I’m only a bit jealous.
Driving will be fine. Just a heads up though people in CA don’t seem to use blinkers much they just turn or change lanes. The excuse I have been told by a native is “Why bother you can tell I’m turning when I turn. “
I've been driving in the US for about 4 years, so i'm pretty good now (by US standards!) - it's when I get back to the UK that I have a brain fart and forget what side of the road i'm meant to be on!

Q: - WTF are jughandles??

Hatfield1 - My Bro in law made the 'face' for Kryton and some other 'stuff' - so I have a Kryton face (nice!) a couple of mugs (cups), crew shirts, button badges *sigh* dunno really but I guess i'll find out when I clear out my house next month! :-)
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Hatfield1 - My Bro in law made the 'face' for Kryton and some other 'stuff' - so I have a Kryton face (nice!) a couple of mugs (cups), crew shirts, button badges *sigh* dunno really but I guess i'll find out when I clear out my house next month! :-)
Do you wear it and walk around like a robot?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ariel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Do you wear it and walk around like a robot?
LOL! yeah my OH thinks it's really sexy!!
Actually I think it's in the loft gathering dust..... maybe I should sell it on ebay if it hasn't disintegrated!

Time to go home...... thanks for the postings, I have successfully acheived zero on the work scale today :-)
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:59 pm

I've been driving in the US for about 4 years, so i'm pretty good now (by US standards!) - it's when I get back to the UK that I have a brain fart and forget what side of the road i'm meant to be on!

I don’t know some east coast thing. Ask me about love handles I might have an answer for you.
Sweeeeeetttt! Nice bunch of stuff. I would have it all proudly displayed on my selves of toys at work. Hell wifey might even let me keep that stuff inside (not relegated to the garage) at home. Do you know any of the inside scoop about the move they where supposed to be making. Their web site doesn’t have much new to say about it.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Actually I think it's in the loft gathering dust..... maybe I should sell it on ebay if it hasn't disintegrated!
EBay it; you might get more than you think for it!

Time to go home...... thanks for the postings, I have successfully acheived zero on the work scale today :-)
No serious harm done then.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Jug handles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jughandle
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:16 pm

Rimmers insinuative 071207 clearly states no chance you metal bastard. Be for you eBay the stuff give us gits (me) the opportunity. I need some cool gear to shut up my talky the toaster. Would you like a crumpet?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE...and don't worry about the driving, it's a doddle.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
jug handles are the devil...all over PA and there's a few around here in MA, complete rubbish and make no sense
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Phew .. I though Rete was talking about the slang version

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.