hsbc?

Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Default hsbc?

Hey all, I have done a search on HSBC, but can't seem to find anything... I was wondering whether anyone on here had taken advantage of their International Banking when moving over to the US? There are two of their branches within 30 mins of where I will be living (all being well!) when I move to the US.

They seem to, from some basic skim reading, more or less change your account over to an American one if you move over there, allowing you to have some credit already and so on. Has anyone used this service? found it good or bad?

Thanks!
A very happy Welshgirl
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hsbc?

Was going to do it but ended up in Canada. Still used HSBC and had very few problems getting it sorted in the UK before moving even received our debit and credit cards in the UK before the move
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
Hey all, I have done a search on HSBC, but can't seem to find anything... I was wondering whether anyone on here had taken advantage of their International Banking when moving over to the US? There are two of their branches within 30 mins of where I will be living (all being well!) when I move to the US.

They seem to, from some basic skim reading, more or less change your account over to an American one if you move over there, allowing you to have some credit already and so on. Has anyone used this service? found it good or bad?

Thanks!
A very happy Welshgirl

We use HSBC - we opened our account in the UK first and then when we arrived set up our US one. There were a few hitches - but all in all it has worked really well... we can transfer money between the 2 accounts no problems. Go and see an advisor at you UK branch and they can advise you further. good luck!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of posts about HSBC; the site search is having some issues at the moment(s).
Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Sambapink - thanks, Im going to pop in and see them when I get back from hols

Meauxna - sorry, I will try another search ...and keep searching until I find something!!

Thanks both!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
Sambapink - thanks, Im going to pop in and see them when I get back from hols

Meauxna - sorry, I will try another search ...and keep searching until I find something!!

Thanks both!
No worries here, I was apologizing for the temporary site problem.
Search works fine for me, but it isn't for everyone.
You could also try the 'search this forum', located above the 'views' on the first page of the USA forum.. that may work better.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so much switching account around, it's creating a whole new one as a separate entity and all that...but HSBC generally have been pretty good about helping you open an account if you already have an account with them, just get it in the works before hand if you can
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

We opened a Premier account with HSBC in the UK and USA on the basis of info from this board.

I am very happy with the level of service etc.

I recommend them.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

I think if you want all the bells and whistles, you need pay for a premier account - or have a whole stash of cash in there instead.

Instead of doing that, I just opened up an account at the bank next door to where I work. They are good for day-to-day banking, but suck at anything international.

I signed up for AIG International services (not free - but neither is opening up an account at HSBC USA before moving over here). You get other benefits like reduced auto insurance (which saved me more than they membership costs) and a fee free credit card (from HSBC) with a 1/2 decent credit limit (i got 7,500.00 USD limit). They do other stuff like mortgage advice, help with finding somewhere to live, childcare services etc. Link for their website is: https://www.aig-is.com/

Finally, for sending money back to the UK, I have an account with xe.com - all online and haven't had any issues with them. HSBC in the UK will allow you to send money internationally from your UK account on-line, but only during UK business hours.

HTH
Old Jun 12th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies everyone, I have plenty to think about now. I appreciate everyone's time, thanks!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 12:56 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cranston
We opened a Premier account with HSBC in the UK and USA on the basis of info from this board.

I am very happy with the level of service etc.

I recommend them.
Ditto. Premier account is the way to go, free banking, ATM fees refunded, free trfrs to and from the UK.. great service.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Pinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nicePinot Noir is just really nice

Originally Posted by lj2
Ditto. Premier account is the way to go, free banking, ATM fees refunded, free trfrs to and from the UK.. great service.
I'll second that!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pinot Noir
I'll second that!
Nothing in this life is free... Taken from HSBC's website

"Qualification Criteria

* Savings or investments of at least £50,000 with HSBC Bank or
* A mortgage of £250,000 or over with HSBC Bank and an individual income of £75,000 or over to be mandated to your HSBC Premier Bank Account.
* We reserve the right to introduce a monthly fee, withdraw the HSBC Premier service or transfer you to our Bank Account product should you no longer meet the eligibility criteria. Your Relationship Manager will review this with you annually."

When i looked into getting it, I think it was a 50GBP a month charge or something. Not a bad deal if you meet the criteria, but defiantly not worth 50 quid.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:08 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dh010447
Nothing in this life is free... Taken from HSBC's website

"Qualification Criteria

* Savings or investments of at least £50,000 with HSBC Bank or
* A mortgage of £250,000 or over with HSBC Bank and an individual income of £75,000 or over to be mandated to your HSBC Premier Bank Account.
* We reserve the right to introduce a monthly fee, withdraw the HSBC Premier service or transfer you to our Bank Account product should you no longer meet the eligibility criteria. Your Relationship Manager will review this with you annually."

When i looked into getting it, I think it was a 50GBP a month charge or something. Not a bad deal if you meet the criteria, but defiantly not worth 50 quid.
I think it may be worth the 40 quid, dependant on the other options. No ATM charges, no banking charges, no transfer of forex charges.. could add up.

I don't pay it though so I have never done the math(s).
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

I got an introduction via our US relocation company. 3 days after receiving my application pack, my HSBC premier is set up, with credit (reasonable credit limit), debit cards and cheques. So far so good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.