British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Howdy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/howdy-406736/)

twelfthimam Nov 8th 2006 2:48 am

Howdy

just found this site while aimlessly surfing the net. pretty bored right now and was tempted to google "jessica simpson" "naked" or some such, but thought better of it. afterall, this is my girlfriend's laptop.

been stateside since Jan 1999, went to law school here (BYU, UT - 'go cougers') and have been working for past 4 yrs in Salt Lake City. i love the US but miss my immediate family who are back in the UK - Bournemouth. I do feel somewhat 'freer' (?) here, but maybe that's a result of the lower population denisty and open space, though you may not share that feeling if you're in LA or NYC i guess.

i like skiing in the UT mountains, but it's been a warn fall so not much snow yet. am following the midterms, but it's pretty boring at the moment. i hope there are a few scandals to make it worth it. politically, i'm quite conservative for a brit, and don't have many problems with bush, but recognize there are many competant democrats and many incompetant republicans. i do like glenn beck's approach to politics.

anyway, that's me in a nutshell. (austin powers funny moment came to mind)

later,

Sally Nov 8th 2006 2:51 am

Re: Howdy

Welcome Tory Boy.

twelfthimam Nov 8th 2006 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Sally
Welcome Tory Boy.

hi sally. i dunno about tory though. i voted for 'new labour' back in '97, though i would vote tory if there were an election today and i was in the UK.

Kate2112 Nov 8th 2006 3:01 am

Originally Posted by twelfthimam
hi sally. i dunno about tory though. i voted for 'new labour' back in '97, though i would vote tory if there were an election today and i was in the UK.

Stay in the US!!!! The idea of the UK being tory and the US led by a republican is a nightmare.

Welcome to BE :D

DollyLlama Nov 8th 2006 3:04 am

Hello and Welcome :)

Partystar Nov 8th 2006 4:30 pm

Welcome to BE! :)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Irn-bru Nov 8th 2006 4:47 pm

Hello and welcome :) heads up -
I hope you like spirited debate then (if you don't I'd advise you to keep stump politically ;) ) as this site is definitely of the left persuasion :D

anabella Nov 8th 2006 5:02 pm

politically, i'm quite conservative for a brit, and don't have many problems with bush, but recognize there are many competant democrats and many incompetant republicans. i do like glenn beck's approach to politics.

anyway, that's me in a nutshell. (austin powers funny moment came to mind)

later,

Hello and welcome

It looks like you wear a reversible jacket :rolleyes:

Manc Nov 8th 2006 5:44 pm

i'm quite conservative for a brit, and don't have many problems with bush,

no wonder you like Utah then.

Jerseygirl Nov 8th 2006 6:22 pm

Well hello and welcome to BE. :) :beer:

PS Do yourself a favour...make out you would be thrilled if Hillary was the next president. :D

DollyLlama Nov 8th 2006 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
no wonder you like Utah then.

You see what else I have to put up with living in Utah........ :D

Irn-bru Nov 8th 2006 6:37 pm

think no one has given you karma as you expressed your political views, (all be ashamed of yourselves people ;) :D )
so gave you a shot :)

Jerseygirl Nov 8th 2006 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
think no one has given you karma as you expressed your political views, (all be ashamed of yourselves people ;) :D )

Me too. :)

Bob Nov 9th 2006 4:00 am

hehe...cool intro :D

Anyway, welcome to BE :)

Elvira Nov 9th 2006 4:15 am

Originally Posted by irnbru4u

There are limits FFS.

Here's a :beer: to the Newbie, but he'll have to do better to earn any of my precious blue boxes :rolleyes:

;)