British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Howdy! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/howdy-396484/)

DanWuh Sep 14th 2006 1:44 pm

Howdy!

Starting my trail to USA relocation now that my wife has her indefinate leave here in the UK. Just wanted to say hi, thanks for providing such an informative (and at times eye opening) site.

Cheers!

Dan W

PS. Learn something new everyday. Double Dipping! Where was I for that meeting eh? Amazing how somethings just fly right by you! Now I know why I get shot dirty looks every vid & chips night :D

dan_alford Sep 14th 2006 3:41 pm

Re: Howdy!

Hi Dan and welcome to BE. I take it your wife is a US Citizen? The getting married and living in the UK approach was one that we took whilst waiting for the greencard.

Originally Posted by DanWuh
Starting my trail to USA relocation now that my wife has her indefinate leave here in the UK. Just wanted to say hi, thanks for providing such an informative (and at times eye opening) site.

Cheers!

Dan W

PS. Learn something new everyday. Double Dipping! Where was I for that meeting eh? Amazing how somethings just fly right by you! Now I know why I get shot dirty looks every vid & chips night :D

Elvira Sep 14th 2006 3:48 pm

Cheers!

Dan W

Hiya! Where are you planning to move to?

Glad to hear that you are now aware that Double Dipping is only allowed between the sheets ;)

Any further etiquette questions - shoot! :)

dan_alford Sep 14th 2006 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Hiya! Where are you planning to move to?

Glad to hear that you are now aware that Double Dipping is only allowed between the sheets ;)

Any further etiquette questions - shoot! :)

My wife is currently doing a HR/Business degree. She did an etiquete class and it even discussed the correct method for passing gas during a social event. If it is quietish, then a short cough followed by an excuse me works. If it sounds like a whoopie cushion then it everyone is supposed to ignore it.

DanWuh Sep 14th 2006 3:59 pm

Aye, my wife is a US citizen (our 2 year wedding aniversary today!). Planning on heading out to Los Angeles since we're both film/tv bods and the pitifully elitist media industry here is driving me at least around the bend!

"Cough followed by excuse me" ... nice. Beats the hell out of the whole "Better out than in" approach :)

Thanks!

Dan

Silverdragon102 Sep 14th 2006 4:53 pm

welcome :)

Sue Sep 14th 2006 8:25 pm

Cheers!

Dan W

Welcome aboard

Tbag Sep 14th 2006 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by dan_alford
My wife is currently doing a HR/Business degree. She did an etiquete class and it even discussed the correct method for passing gas during a social event. If it is quietish, then a short cough followed by an excuse me works. If it sounds like a whoopie cushion then it everyone is supposed to ignore it.

I thought you were just supposed to blame on the nearest dog or pet and failing that the brussel sprouts......... :D
now I know I can let one rip and look others straight in the eye as I politely ignore it :cool:

Oh forgot to say welcome to OP :rolleyes: :)

Bob Sep 14th 2006 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
... Double Dipping is only allowed between the sheets ;)

ya dirty sod and those entendres :p

Anyway, welcome to the site Dan :)

Jerseygirl Sep 14th 2006 9:40 pm

Welcome to BE Dan. :)

dan_alford Sep 14th 2006 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
ya dirty sod and those entendres :p

Anyway, welcome to the site Dan :)

Yeah instead of "Queen of the Night" it should be "Queen of the entendres" or is Queen of the Night itself an entendre? :confused: ;)