Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

HOW ARE YOU SPENDING jULY 4TH?

Wikiposts

HOW ARE YOU SPENDING jULY 4TH?

Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HOW ARE YOU SPENDING jULY 4TH?

We spent the day down at Pearl Harbor Navy base. Had a great time, all the battle ships were decorated up and looked amazing, loads of rides for the kids, food, bands etc and the firework show was outstanding as usual! Happy Birthday America!!
Old Jul 5th 2006, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
For the first time since I moved to the USA we hosted the family 4th of July cookout and party on our back deck and around the pool ...... I usually enter all the previous years events with a shout of "Down with the revoloution" But this year I even put up stars and stripes banners and a dozen US flags.

It has taken 6 years of Kate trying to get me to try Italian sausages, crispy coated off the barby and in a hot dog roll ............. Today I did

I went back for seconds
Congratulations! Going native isn't too painful is it?
Old Jul 5th 2006, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

I played oblivion... waited until the "feastivities" were over by the pool and went for a quiet dip while everyone else went to watch the fireworks... got to watch them quietly from my balcony
Old Jul 5th 2006, 3:15 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I went to bed at 9pm. I had to be up at 4:30 this morning for work. I don't enjoy 4th July that much anyway, it's just a day off.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Am I the only person that doesn't give a toss how anyone was going to, did or wished they'd spent the 4th July?

FFS SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 5th 2006, 3:38 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Am I the only person that doesn't give a toss how anyone was going to, did or wished they'd spent the 4th July?

FFS SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!
When was it ......
Old Jul 5th 2006, 5:21 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
I took the missus out to a few bars on the new chopper. On the way home we got caught in a monsoon. :scared: Given that it rains here 6 times a year thats real bad luck.
First year I can recall it thunderstormed during the fireworks. The lightning was more impressive. With all the humidity, the smoke hung in the air and as the display went on, you could see less and less fire and more and more smoke.

ah well, first time for everything.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 5:28 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the fireworks across Lake Washington...pretty spectacular..Bill Gates had the best display closely followed by Redmond and Bellevue.
After seeing the 4th at National Mall last year and the Millenium display at the Thames in 2000..bit spoiled really.
Walked around Seward Park earlier in the day ...lots of people bar b Q-ing...4 hours later rain...schadenfraude moments as the neighbours with loud BBQ celebrations ran for cover ...party over ..... Loud music over too
Old Jul 5th 2006, 10:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember....