British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   HOW ARE YOU SPENDING jULY 4TH? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/how-you-spending-july-4th-383060/)

Triumphrob Jul 4th 2006 3:54 pm

HOW ARE YOU SPENDING jULY 4TH?

Just wondering how you other Expats spend it. Were a bit tired of the rah rah parade kinda thing, so were having family over for a British Roast Pork Lunch, as a sort of "We came in second" party.
Hope all are well
Rob

carolf Jul 4th 2006 4:29 pm

Re: HOW ARE YOU SPENDING jULY 4TH?

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Just wondering how you other Expats spend it. Were a bit tired of the rah rah parade kinda thing, so were having family over for a British Roast Pork Lunch, as a sort of "We came in second" party.
Hope all are well
Rob

Working my butt off as usual

AdobePinon Jul 4th 2006 4:29 pm

Just took a stroll down to 'Pancakes on the Plaza'. Decided that there were way too many people down there to justify hanging around for pancakes, but there were some real nice old MGs, Jags, and Rolls' in the classic car show outside the plaza. Even an old tin snail. :scared: Now it's time for a bike ride.

elfman Jul 4th 2006 4:51 pm

Daughter has a virus so just hanging out at home and keeping her comfortable. Will crack open an ale or two in front of Germany v Italy this afternoon.

AdobePinon Jul 4th 2006 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by elfman
Daughter has a virus so just hanging out at home and keeping her comfortable. Will crack open an ale or two in front of Germany v Italy this afternoon.

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me of the real meaning of today. Better get on with my bike ride. :D :beer:

Sarah Jul 4th 2006 5:25 pm

World Cup of course!
Lots of Apricot Wheat beer, 2 friends coming over.
Then we are going to attempt to BBQ on our 3rd floor balcony apartment.
Penn State Uni puts on one of the biggest fireworks displays in the country so we're lucky. I plan to watch it drunk as a skunk. ;)

britontour Jul 4th 2006 6:04 pm

Just about to leave to watch the match, then down the park later to see whats going on, usuall fireworks etc so I'm told.

Caligirl4ever Jul 4th 2006 6:11 pm

Hubby wants to go to the gym for an hour. Come back home shower up and go out to eat then later on in the evening drive up the mountain and watch various firework displays.. FUN...FUN...FUN

snowbunny Jul 4th 2006 6:11 pm

Keeping the kids entertained and cool.... they want to go downtown to the fireworks festival (HOT) later this evening.

Been doing laundry for three days straight and still have a bit more to do. :rolleyes: Him outdoors is painting the house. :eek:

Pony Jul 4th 2006 6:53 pm

I was called in to the office between 2am and 5am this morning after a system went down. I went back in at 8am to finalize the repair. My wife is on call tending sick animals. Its a real downpour here with a fantatsic thunderstorm, and the satellite just went off. The dogs are scared and lying at my feet, one cat is trying to hide in my shirt, one cat is having a mad half hour and running round and round the house. 4th July, bah humbug . . .
;)

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Hope all are well
Rob

veryfunny Jul 5th 2006 12:08 am

:D:D

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Ah yes, thanks for reminding me of the real meaning of today. Better get on with my bike ride. :D :beer:

Irn-bru Jul 5th 2006 12:58 am

car battery died (after accidently leaving cooler plugged in overnight :o ) so of course was trying to find jump cables all day (shops within walking distance shut!) annoying as it was a new battery bought last week! That's been our day -just fantastic - great!!!

Patrick Hasler Jul 5th 2006 4:33 am

For the first time since I moved to the USA we hosted the family 4th of July cookout and party on our back deck and around the pool ...... I usually enter all the previous years events with a shout of "Down with the revoloution" But this year I even put up stars and stripes banners and a dozen US flags.

It has taken 6 years of Kate trying to get me to try Italian sausages, crispy coated off the barby and in a hot dog roll ............. Today I did :eek:

I went back for seconds :)

neil Jul 5th 2006 6:55 am

I had a pretty good 4th July - my company is based in Berlin and I have been sent here for the week. I spent last night with some German colleagues on the Fan Mile watching the game.

evoal2003 Jul 5th 2006 7:15 am

I took the missus out to a few bars on the new chopper. On the way home we got caught in a monsoon. :scared: Given that it rains here 6 times a year thats real bad luck. :beer:

Happy 4th of July.