Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How would you respond

How would you respond

Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:03 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default How would you respond

Here's an addition to an Xmas email I received from an occasional acquaintance. He is a USC but is married to a foreigner, he has travelled a bit more than your average 'Mericun, he has one older daughter and one young daughter. He's retired, was a telecommunications engineer. It should be pointed out he's a nice guy really and has never pushed this crap down my throat. Should I respond or not? It really worries me when seemingly normal people believe this crap.

It has become apparent to me that we have many traitors in our midst. When a person becomes of the same mind as the terrorist they must then be a traitor. Muslims are trying to kill Christianity by cutting off heads. There are many people in our midst trying to kill Christianity by cutting out word from anthems, songs, school, courthouses and pledges,etc. I am appalled that there are so many people in this country that mindlessly go along with this degrading of America's Christian morals.

The use of the word God is not unique to any particular religion. God in merely a reference to a power greater than ourselves. To my knowledge all religions have some kind of God. The words "IN God We Trust" can to any one person be their God. If you do not believe in any God I don't see the harm in allowing your neighbor to believe that it is wrong to do anything a neighbor that they would not want done to themselves.

My guess is that the Devil does not like to hear the words "IN God We Trust." If you do not like to hear the words "IN God We Trust" you must be at least part devil. I for one would not like to see the devil have any say in anything. How about you????
Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:12 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How would you respond

1. You are assuming God exists
2. Like George Bush is giving Christians such a good rap
3. The student in FL is protesting that his Freedom is being eradictated by a FL law that negates the constituntial right to sit down and not pledge alliegance to the flag - Jeb Bush flaunting the constitution, like his Brother

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Here's an addition to an Xmas email I received from an occasional acquaintance. He is a USC but is married to a foreigner, he has travelled a bit more than your average 'Mericun, he has one older daughter and one young daughter. He's retired, was a telecommunications engineer. It should be pointed out he's a nice guy really and has never pushed this crap down my throat. Should I respond or not? It really worries me when seemingly normal people believe this crap.

It has become apparent to me that we have many traitors in our midst. When a person becomes of the same mind as the terrorist they must then be a traitor. Muslims are trying to kill Christianity by cutting off heads. There are many people in our midst trying to kill Christianity by cutting out word from anthems, songs, school, courthouses and pledges,etc. I am appalled that there are so many people in this country that mindlessly go along with this degrading of America's Christian morals.

The use of the word God is not unique to any particular religion. God in merely a reference to a power greater than ourselves. To my knowledge all religions have some kind of God. The words "IN God We Trust" can to any one person be their God. If you do not believe in any God I don't see the harm in allowing your neighbor to believe that it is wrong to do anything a neighbor that they would not want done to themselves.

My guess is that the Devil does not like to hear the words "IN God We Trust." If you do not like to hear the words "IN God We Trust" you must be at least part devil. I for one would not like to see the devil have any say in anything. How about you????
Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to keep his friendship I'd keep a low profile! Otherwise I'd ask him how "America's Christian morals" equate with killing tens of thousands of Iraqui civilians, or allowing large numbers of American children to grow up in abject poverty in a country of abundance, or ...................oh - you know as well as I do, the list goes on!!!!

Best to try to keep the Christmas spirit and zip it!
Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Tell him to watch the "Until Hell Freezes Dover" clip here:

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...nt/index.jhtml

Then tell him the presenter is taking the piss.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

I would just ignore which is exactly what I did the other day, a Jewish friend of mine sent me a message from a jew in France who was asking everyone to boycot France because France hates all Jews and loves Palestinians, blah, blah, blah..and that Jewish people the world over are getting a rough deal and everyone hates them, blah, blah, blah and that by eating French produce and buying French goods we are promoting hatred..
Initially I was furious and wrote a big long response stating eaxactly what I thought of the bullshit she'd just sent me especially as some of my family are Palestinian, (she doesn't know this) but in the end I just decided to let it go although my opinion of her has definitely changed, I just can't believe people are so stupid..
Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:54 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Depends upon what you want to get out of the situation.

If you want an argument, go ahead and talk to him about it.

If you want to change the way he thinks, don't waste your time.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 9:05 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thx guys! BE is sometimes the therapy you need instead of bashing your head against a brick wall. Have elected to not reply.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 9:54 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Thx guys! BE is sometimes the therapy you need instead of bashing your head against a brick wall. Have elected to not reply.
Best policy. Because people say they act in Gods name doesnt mean they do.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 10:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an addition to an Xmas email I received from an occasional acquaintance. He is a USC but is married to a foreigner, he has travelled a bit more than your average 'Mericun, he has one older daughter
Sign your next email .."Praise be to Allah"....
Old Dec 24th 2005, 10:12 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray
Sign your next email .."Praise be to Allah"....

Nope -- he's got a garage full of useful tools for those jobs where you just need it for 5 minutes so would never think of buying one.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 10:27 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Nope -- he's got a garage full of useful tools for those jobs where you just need it for 5 minutes so would never think of buying one.

You shallow b*stard
Old Dec 24th 2005, 10:55 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a neighbour like that - he's a builder .

All his vehicles (all 5 of them ) have 'Bush/Cheney' and/or 'Arnie for Governor' and/or 'Support the Troops' stickers on them.

But he's still a nice guy, damn it.

Probably a bit like Thydney
Old Dec 25th 2005, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Been busy today FB and just spotted this thread. Basically I am surprised that you asked the question. You are prepared to stand up and be counted on a number of issues and yet you are in a quandary on this one. I do not look down on people who do not believe. It does not make them a lesser person and your viewpoint should not be suppressed or changed. If this person knows you as a friend then whatever you believe should have no effect on the friendship. Your friends should know you and like you for who you truly are, not what you want them to believe.
Have to go now as I have to get ready for the 11pm Evening Church Service to which you are duly invited.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 2:51 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by tony126
Been busy today FB...
I do have friends on the other side. And we argue constantly and remain friends. He, however, is more an acquaintance.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 2:54 am
Not dead yet

I do have friends on the other side. And we argue constantly and remain friends. He, however, is more an acquaintance.
Well a Nations Rent more than an acquaintance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.