Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How to Watch Decent UK TV live?

Wikiposts

How to Watch Decent UK TV live?

Old Dec 25th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of
Default Re: How to Watch Decent UK TV live?

Hi Guys..

I downloaded that free VPN and worked a treat for 4 days and now today i can't get the i players!

The Vpn shows its connected and i log onto the uk server ect but still no connection to the i players..
Anybody know whats up with the free vpn? i cant't rememeber it saying it was a trial thing going on...unless it was and now they want me to pay $60 a year....Now if thats the case $60 a yr is not bad if i can get the iplayers ect..
anybody payed for this...? is it worth it? whats the customer service like if things go awol?

Any feedback guys.....pissed off today wanted to watch xmas eastenders and corrie..gutted..

thanks
Old Dec 25th 2009, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice

I use this site, you have to pay but you can use all the players with no problem

http://www.*****************/
Old Dec 26th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

for those with a good uk proxy, the beeb is trialling live BBC1. You can find it here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/
Old Dec 27th 2009, 8:48 am
Just Joined

brooksy3009 has a brilliant futurebrooksy3009 has a brilliant futurebrooksy3009 has a brilliant futurebrooksy3009 has a brilliant futurebrooksy3009 has a brilliant futurebrooksy3009 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Filmon
Has anyone used this? I was thinking about downloading the software but would like a review first if possible?
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:30 am
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

download StreamTorrent 1.0 Build 0068

http://www.multiupload.com/IR4SHJAI4C

read thread

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/live-tv/440...amtorrent.html

works like a charm
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:26 am
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

OK, the week before Christmas I found Best Buy selling the sling catcher for $99

I connected it to my little TV in one room I use to work out in and can do away now with at least one of my local Comcast boxes and save $200 a year.

I only went in to best buy to buy a remote that would work through walls. This does that and connects to my UK and LOCAL US HD sling boxes. I have no excuse not to work out now as I have all the US and UK channels on one TV in my work-out room... I will lose so much weight

Just sling it..
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaxslad
Hi Guys..

I downloaded that free VPN and worked a treat for 4 days and now today i can't get the i players!

The Vpn shows its connected and i log onto the uk server ect but still no connection to the i players..
Anybody know whats up with the free vpn? i cant't rememeber it saying it was a trial thing going on...unless it was and now they want me to pay $60 a year....Now if thats the case $60 a yr is not bad if i can get the iplayers ect..
anybody payed for this...? is it worth it? whats the customer service like if things go awol?

Any feedback guys.....pissed off today wanted to watch xmas eastenders and corrie..gutted..

thanks
you didn't read the freevpn forum did you?

UK servers got shut down as over loaded...no point paying for the premium if the servers are down it won't help you.

Plenty of other services for around $5-10 a month and worth, depends how much you use it. This freebie is enough for me as I only use it for spotify and the odd bit of snooker on iplayer.

Just torrent the specials, or if you just want soaps, get them from "the couch"
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:39 am
Just Joined

southerndarling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I wanted to watch things livetv on BBC1 and other live programs, what is the best for that, that is now working, I have an iphider but the buffering is so slow, please help.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 11:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerndarling
Hi I wanted to watch things livetv on BBC1 and other live programs, what is the best for that, that is now working, I have an iphider but the buffering is so slow, please help.
only 4 pages, have a read of the thread....and welcome to BE
Old Dec 28th 2009, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi I did read the thread but seems to me people are saying some of the sights don't work.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the welcome, happy new year
Old Dec 28th 2009, 12:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by southerndarling
Hi I did read the thread but seems to me people are saying some of the sights don't work.
depends on what people want to do, watch stuff live, delayed what have you...plenty of options to chose from
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Plenty of options for sure. But like most things in life, the best options are not free. For me, I decided to pay a small fee and am comfortable with that. I probably COULD get UK TV for free but really can't be bothered chasing proxies and the like.

And that iPlayer downloader still works like a charm. So I VPN to my UK account, find a program from iplayer I want, copy code into the iplayer downloader, and then watch it streamed across my home network to my main TV. All this just to watch a few cash in the attics eh
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Hi Thanks for the info but I am confussed about what VPN is; Can you let me know where you go to pay and how much?
God bless you,
Charlotte
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:09 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by emailrob
And that iPlayer downloader still works like a charm...
http://po-ru.com/projects/iplayer-downloader this one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.