British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   How soon can i renew my british passport from California? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/how-soon-can-i-renew-my-british-passport-california-595315/)

California_Bound Mar 3rd 2009 11:56 pm

How soon can i renew my british passport from California?

Hi Guys,

My british passport is set to expire in september of this year. I'm aware of the process for renewal, though I can't find how soon ahead of time i can send my application. Does anybody know?

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread guys. I hope everyone is weathering the economic storm ok.

C_B

meauxna Mar 4th 2009 12:23 am

Re: How soon can i renew my british passport from California?

Dude! Where've you been?!
Hi! :)

California_Bound Mar 4th 2009 12:41 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 7343071)
Dude! Where've you been?!
Hi! :)

Heyyy!

It's crazy how quickly time has gone since i first got here. I'm working for a bank here in Chico (one of the local community banks) and life is pretty good.

Trying to find another vehicle at present is the latest news. Hows things with you?

meauxna Mar 4th 2009 12:48 am

Excellent. :)

Glad to hear your good news, too! Do you know, we drove through last December and had our La Comida dinner (awesome as ever.. er, my tastes may have matured tho) and cruised my DH up and down the Esplanade. Went to the Hooker Oak, and up to Bear Hole, drove past all the old houses etc. And for about 10 hours thought 'I want to move here!!!'. Then I remembered 120f August. :eek:

I just can't believe I'm looking at your join date.. where *does* the time go!
And looking at your avi, it must be getting close to time for you to apply so you can vote. :) You'll get to next time!

JAJ Mar 4th 2009 1:06 am

Originally Posted by California_Bound (Post 7342957)
Hi Guys,

My british passport is set to expire in september of this year. I'm aware of the process for renewal, though I can't find how soon ahead of time i can send my application. Does anybody know?

Anytime, as far as I know:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ports_overseas

veryfunny Mar 15th 2009 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by California_Bound (Post 7342957)
Hi Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread guys. I hope everyone is weathering the economic storm ok.

C_B

Thanks for posting this, I just realised my Passport expires the same month as yours but I am too scared to send it off for renewal because I plan to visit the UK in July and not sure I will get it back on time before I fly over.

Plus, am I the only one that has noticed that at US reentry we PR cardholders, have to be finger printer on all fingers, plus are picture taken?

cranners99 Mar 15th 2009 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by veryfunny (Post 7381793)
Thanks for posting this, I just realised my Passport expires the same month as yours but I am too scared to send it off for renewal because I plan to visit the UK in July and not sure I will get it back on time before I fly over.

Plus, am I the only one that has noticed that at US reentry we PR cardholders, have to be finger printer on all fingers, plus are picture taken?

If you renew your passport early, you will be credited for up to nine months validity from the old one. ie if you renew a Sept 09 passport you new one will expire in Sept 2019 even is you receive it in April. The date of travel that you put on the front of the C-1 is what the issuing office will aim to meet, if they have a need to prioritise applications.

As for the fingerprints, CBP moved to a ten print system several months ago. Part of the Rice/Chertoff initaitive IIRC.

Regards

Cranley

veryfunny Mar 15th 2009 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by cranners99 (Post 7381877)
If you renew your passport early, you will be credited for up to nine months validity from the old one. ie if you renew a Sept 09 passport you new one will expire in Sept 2019 even is you receive it in April. The date of travel that you put on the front of the C-1 is what the issuing office will aim to meet, if they have a need to prioritise applications.

As for the fingerprints, CBP moved to a ten print system several months ago. Part of the Rice/Chertoff initaitive IIRC.

Regards

Cranley

Thanks!