Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How often do you go back to Britain?

How often do you go back to Britain?

Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

kika is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved here 4 months ago and am currently waiting for AP so I can go back and visit my family. I lived in Spain for 4 years before coming here and never felt homesick for the UK but now I'm getting the odd longing for Asda and an English beer garden. Whenever it gets too bad I call one of my friends still there and they remind me of what I'm not missing: insane cost of living, dull grim weather etc. The UK's a good place to have your roots but there are too many things wrong with the country for me to live there...nowhere's ideal I know, but at least here in Vegas it's hot hot hot!!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

I've been back once in 2 years. However due to the fact that I plan to return to the UK and also I hate flying I'm not going back now until I'm on a one way ticket.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 5:45 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going back at Xmas, then I have to go back for my mates wedding June 25th, as I'm the Best Man. Not sure I can afford both, but will have to somehow
Old Jul 30th 2004, 10:45 am
Gravity Always Wins

a lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant future

I'm due to leave here (Scotland) for the US in late August / early Sept. We'll be staying in northern DE, about 30 min from Philly.

Wife wants to come back here for Xmas but I'm not sure yet. I will need to see how I feel when I get there!