Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How many times has this happened to you ?

How many times has this happened to you ?

Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default How many times has this happened to you ?

Last thursday afternoon I stood next to my truck in Yonkers and looked up to see a Virgin Atlantic 747 full thrust climbing up and away east bound, must have just left KFK or Newark.
I stared hard and some guy next to that said "Whats up Pat ?"
"Nothing ..... Just wish I was on that"

Every time I drive past Newark and see a VA or BA plane taking off or waiting on the tarmac I get the same homesick feeling.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:58 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many times has this happened to you ?

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Last thursday afternoon I stood next to my truck in Yonkers and looked up to see a Virgin Atlantic 747 full thrust climbing up and away east bound, must have just left KFK or Newark.

Every time I drive past Newark and see a VA or BA plane taking off or waiting on the tarmac I get the same homesick feeling.
Not many transatlantic jets leaving for the motherland from where I hang my hat.

But I often pass through ORD, and when I see a London flight posted in the C Terminal I get all chocked up.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

helens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Elvira
Not many transatlantic jets leaving for the motherland from where I hang my hat.

But I often pass through ORD, and when I see a London flight posted in the C Terminal I get all chocked up.
Don't bother, it's been raiining here pretty much constantly since around the beginning of May. Save your heartfelt thoughts till some better weather arrives and the way it's going it may not be till 2009
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

London is the greatest place on earth........ for me - rain or no rain
And you have said it a trillion times... You know the rest....
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I often see the BA non stop to Heathrow fly over the ballpark downtown when the roofs open for games, but I can't say that I get all misty eyed.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

i do look up and smile when i see a BA jumbo esp as i know i have more than likely worked on it and i have the very bestest of sweet memories
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:18 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I used to do that in England during a period of time when I wasn't particularly happy with my life there.. It goes away eventually when you reach a happier state. I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling like that.. maybe you can plan on going back to visit? I'm guessing that maybe you are too busy with work and taking time off isn't an option right now and that's why you feel like that.. but you can plan your visit for next year? It'd give you something to look forward to..
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

You've said many times that your happy over here and yet the homesickness thoughts hit you when you least expect it.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The transatlantic flights coming to the US into Newark usually fly right over my house every afternoon...always makes me feel a little
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:57 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I talk to my mum and dad/rest of family/friends on the phone.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I often see the BA non stop to Heathrow fly over the ballpark downtown when the roofs open for games, but I can't say that I get all misty eyed.
I flew on it to return home at Christmas last year, my first visit back since moving here. The neck did straighten a little when I boarded and heard all those cheery English accents for the first time in best part of a year... They should play Land of Hope and Glory or something just before landing at Heathrow.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:25 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsnichol
I flew on it to return home at Christmas last year, my first visit back since moving here. The neck did straighten a little when I boarded and heard all those cheery English accents for the first time in best part of a year... They should play Land of Hope and Glory or something just before landing at Heathrow.
There you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THYgeETrkPs

Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Brings a tear to the eye, although I did restrain myself from waving the cross of St George which hangs in my office...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I just look up and think ..noisy bastard ...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

I'm from the South (US) and used to do the same thing until two yrs. ago Hubs and I moved down there.

We're soooo glad to be back in Indiana.....

Why does grass always look greener?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.