Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

how many times for fingerprinting

how many times for fingerprinting

Old Mar 28th 2002, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

andrewdean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how many times for fingerprinting

Well I have just recieved a letter to fingerprinted for my I-485 again. The last time I was fingerprinted was in november of 2000 when I submitted the I-485. Going on the quoted time for processing the I-485 in Phoenix of 40 months this will mean another trip after this before the I-485 is done.
Does this now become a regular event every 18 months in case my fingerprints have changed?
Old Mar 28th 2002, 6:05 pm
Fishy Baby

Default Re: how many times for fingerprinting

You think that's bad? I had to return to be finger printed 4 times for the Adjustment
of Status. I had to travel from Springfield to Kansas City (a 5 hr drive) just to be
printed. Also, they had sent me to the local Springfield Police to be printed on try
#3. Finally they accepted the 4th try which was done back in Kansas City (apparently
the earlier ones were not done to the FBI's satisfaction).

Now that I'm going to applying for Naturalization, guess what... I have to be
fingerprinted again. (Yea, like my fingerprints have changed). Sheeesh, I hope it's
only one time, or else I'm liable to get ink poisoning from them .. hehe.

Jo

Around the K1 World in 97 Days www.k1.freeservers.com

"andrewdean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Well I have just recieved a letter to fingerprinted for my I-485 again. The last
    > time I was fingerprinted was in november of 2000 when I submitted the I-485. Going
    > on the quoted time for processing the I-485 in Phoenix of 40 months this will mean
    > another trip after this before the I-485 is done. Does this now become a regular
    > event every 18 months in case my fingerprints have changed?
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 29th 2002, 12:05 am
Reggaeinky

Default Re: how many times for fingerprinting

>From: andrewdean [email protected] Date: 3/28/2002 11:05 AM Eastern
    >Standard Time
    >
    >Well I have just recieved a letter to fingerprinted for my I-485 again. The last
    >time I was fingerprinted was in november of 2000 when I submitted the I-485.

They probably lost them. They're idiots.