Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How many states have you visited?

How many states have you visited?

Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:03 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many states have you visited?

All 51 of them
Old Nov 4th 2010, 11:59 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67
However, where do you stand if travel was on a regional jet and a few steps of tarmac were crossed to access the airport gate?

People have gone to war over less.
what about when you drive 20 yards over the state line, have your picture taken by the "Welcome to South Carolina" sign and then leave, as my sister in law's now ex-fiancee did last summer just to tick another state off the list?
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:00 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

all 48 lower states.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:02 am
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Manc
all 48 lower states.

49 if you include the wonderful state of insanity right? I think you forgot to count the state you reside in Manc.

Last edited by drop step; Nov 5th 2010 at 1:23 am.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
what about when you drive 20 yards over the state line, have your picture taken by the "Welcome to South Carolina" sign and then leave, as my sister in law's now ex-fiancee did last summer just to tick another state off the list?
I would count it,a lthough this doesn't apply to any state I've visited. I don't, however, count states where my only "visit" is to change planes at an airport in it, without actually leaving the airport.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:48 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

Where in Illinois did you have the misfortune to visit?
I lived in Bloomington and then Napervile, worked had his family the ex's in Peoria and Champagne....have a buddy in Pontiac, oh and used to go to Decatur quite a bit...........makes Modesto look like Paradise
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:49 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
Virginia?
Yes love the place I have friends in Upperville and Middleburg area!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:56 am
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
It was like that here yesterday and back home (Aberdeen) it's like that everyday
It can't be as bad as Maine in the winter. All the vertigo-inducing grey there actually caused my wife to have a few sensory illusions due to the loss of visual cues to orientation..I mean it's bad there
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
next up was going to be Hawaii - my sister in law was all set to get married there next March but since she split up with her fiancee last month that's not going to happen and I don't know where my next new state trip is going to come from.
I'm sorry to hear that your sister's engagement fell through. Your next trip is to Ohio, right? You haven't been and I'm sure I could find at least a day's worth of neat stuff to show you.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I would count it
Why not-I think Manc is counting "Message Boards from different states" he's visited.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious ... those of you who have only been to an Ohio airport, which Ohio airport did you visit?
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
For the travelers amongst us...

I'll begin by saying that I never intended to try to travel to all of them. My first half a dozen trips to the US (in the 80s and 90s) were all to Florida. Then I visited California and Nevada on my (first) honeymoon, then New York City shortly after we split up. It was after meeting the new Mrs tonrob-to-be that we decided to quit our jobs and go traveling for a year, 85 days of which was spend driving around the US.

Shortly after returning to the UK I joined a company with offices in New England, which led to trips across the pond that helped me scoop in all the surrounding states before finally moving here to live in 2005.

I have to say that I have never purposely gone out of my way to try to visit new states just to say I've been - in fact the last 'new' state I visited was Oregon in 2008. But yesterday, thanks to a couple of people dropping out at the last minute, a work colleague and fellow beer monster asked me to accompany him on a lightning trip to Winnipeg and Dubuque leaving Sunday.

Now Winnipeg I've been to before and it's a dump (although I have found a British pub near the hotel that also looks to be the only Beeradvocate listed pub in downtown Winnipeg - it serves beer from the local Half Pints Brewing Company and also has vindaloo on the menu). But Dubuque is where things get interesting. My ears picked up when I heard him mention it's in Iowa. That's a new state for me. But can you even begin to imagine my excitement when a glance at Mapquest shows that it's half a bloody mile from Wisconsin!!!

So by this time next week I'll be another 2 states down and just 8 to go:

North Dakota
South Dakota
Minnesota
Nebraska
Kansas
Missouri
Oklahoma
Alaska

Yay me.
28 states over the years.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

So far 23. Not bad for someone who just arrived in July LOL!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:59 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
I'm sorry to hear that your sister's engagement fell through. Your next trip is to Ohio, right? You haven't been and I'm sure I could find at least a day's worth of neat stuff to show you.
My wife's sister, actually.
TBH we're all a bit relieved for various reasons. On top of the whole is-she-marrying-someone not-right-for-her issue I have to say Hawaii has never been near the top of my places I want to visit list.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MandyNi
So far 23. Not bad for someone who just arrived in July LOL!
Not bad indeed! You go, girl!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.