Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How Many Civil War Battlefields have you visited

How Many Civil War Battlefields have you visited

Old Nov 12th 2010, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Many Civil War Battlefields have you visited

Originally Posted by traceym
I believe there may be some Civil War attire discussed in this thread though.....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=chain+mail
Possibly the best discussion ever on BE
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:53 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hamlrt
Hello there , following on from the '' How many States'' have you visited how about how many Civil war SDites have you visited , i shall start the ball rolling

Antietam -Maryland
Chancellorsville-Virginia
Fredericksburg-Virginia
Gettysburg -Pa
Manassas-Virginia
Cold Harbor-Virginia
The Wilderness-Virginia
Brandy Station-Virginia
Chickamauga-Tennessee
Lookout Mountain -Tennessee
Charleston-South Carolina
Cape Hatteras-Carolina
Olustee-Florida
Bentonville-North Carolina
Richmond-Virginia
Petersburg-Virginia
Fort Sumpter-South Carolina
Fort Fisher-Carolina
Cedar Creek-Virginia
Spotsylvania (apparently where the Waltons lived TV trivia number 20005678)
Spotsylvania Court House
Harpers Ferry -Virginia
The Great Train Raid/Chase -somewhere down south dont remember where

well theres a few unrtil i remember more
john
Would love to visit more, but just haven't had the time. But we've been to the place where it all started, Fort Sumter, and the place where it ended, Appomattox.

One of my fav places that I've visited in the US is Jefferson's home, Monticello.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

hamlrt will become famous soon enoughhamlrt will become famous soon enough

Hi there
Kennesaw Mountain Georgia , i just couldnt remember the name of the place i visited it was a long time ago .....i cant wait to get re-enacting in the U.S
john
Old Nov 16th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

hamlrt will become famous soon enoughhamlrt will become famous soon enough

Hello there once more
Well some interesting replies on this thread , I am glad i started it !!
I started American Civil War Re-enacting in 1997 , and my first ever trip to the U.S.A was a '' re-enacting'' holiday . I finished my days of the Sealed Knot society with a English Civil War battle in Staunton Virginia and began my American Civil War re-enacting with the Battle of Antietam/Sharpsburg the weekend directly afterwards .
in fact my new wife to be is also a re-enactor its how we met !!

I should say to all you guys out there , to go visit a civil war battlefield and visitor centre , you will be amazed at the connections to dear old England and America .
My first event next year will be First Manassas/Bull Run , its happening near
washington DC , in july . Yes it will be very hot . But you will see so much very cool stuff......
Horse drawn cannon and limber , thousands of troops , loads of cavalry and just heaps of very cool stuff ..
and with a bit of luck i should be living there too !!
john
Old Nov 17th 2010, 12:31 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hamlrt
Hello there once more
Well some interesting replies on this thread , I am glad i started it !!
I started American Civil War Re-enacting in 1997 , and my first ever trip to the U.S.A was a '' re-enacting'' holiday . I finished my days of the Sealed Knot society with a English Civil War battle in Staunton Virginia and began my American Civil War re-enacting with the Battle of Antietam/Sharpsburg the weekend directly afterwards .
in fact my new wife to be is also a re-enactor its how we met !!

I should say to all you guys out there , to go visit a civil war battlefield and visitor centre , you will be amazed at the connections to dear old England and America .
My first event next year will be First Manassas/Bull Run , its happening near
washington DC , in july . Yes it will be very hot . But you will see so much very cool stuff......
Horse drawn cannon and limber , thousands of troops , loads of cavalry and just heaps of very cool stuff ..
and with a bit of luck i should be living there too !!
john
There's a member here called "CitySimon" that does Civil War reenactments. I don't think he's around very often but you might pm him for more information. Here's a link to his gallery. http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...=17561&cat=500