Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How many Brits in your town?

How many Brits in your town?

Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

britex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How many Brits in your town?

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I agree.
It's nice to have a conversation with someone who has similar points of reference to you. Sometimes I get fed up with not understanding half the things in a conversation and then not being understood.

There are quite a lot of Brits where I live.We don't live in each others pockets but we do get together.
hi iam aother brit down here in the lone star .but i come from watford (holywell) I LOVE THAT TOWN i went back 2 wks ago it was safe a little dirty and way 2 manny cars . did you say that you live i watford doris????????. any way back to brits in my town afew i meet up with them on sundays for football lvery few guys here in san antonio
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:44 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex
hi iam aother brit down here in the lone star .but i come from watford (holywell) I LOVE THAT TOWN i went back 2 wks ago it was safe a little dirty and way 2 manny cars . did you say that you live i watford doris????????. any way back to brits in my town afew i meet up with them on sundays for football lvery few guys here in san antonio
No. I live in Pittsburgh PA. But many years ago (20) I did live in Watford. We lived for a few years in Garston and then moved into West Watford, near Vicarage Rd football ground.
We were not from Watford, we moved there for my husbands job and for a while I didn't like it. Too many cars, took ages to get anywhere etc but once we moved into the town it was better and I loved being close to London.
I love Cassiobury Park.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:49 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the Brits I have met here are converted Mormons. No tea, or a G & T. The only three "normal" Brits I know are DollyLlama , and an Irish and English lass. I've got my conversion job laid off for me and I am determined to teach the other lost souls how to enjoy a cuppa before getting to the harder stuff!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

britex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of light

oh yes my side of town well the cars are worst now .and all the streets are one way messed me up .had not had to drive in the u k for 7 yrs lost my edge all very quick .but i still love watford feels like home .san antonio is just to dam hot .i dont know how much longer i can hang in here each trip home makes it worst. my mum is coming out in may so that will help a little .but after that who knows
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:56 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex
oh yes my side of town well the cars are worst now .and all the streets are one way messed me up .had not had to drive in the u k for 7 yrs lost my edge all very quick .but i still love watford feels like home .san antonio is just to dam hot .i dont know how much longer i can hang in here each trip home makes it worst. my mum is coming out in may so that will help a little .but after that who knows
Haven't welcomed you here yet so welcome

I am sorry that you are having a hard time, hopefully things will change soon for you and being here might help support you a bit
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:58 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Most of the Brits I have met here are converted Mormons. No tea, or a G & T. The only three "normal" Brits I know are DollyLlama , and an Irish and English lass. I've got my conversion job laid off for me and I am determined to teach the other lost souls how to enjoy a cuppa before getting to the harder stuff!
thanks for calling me "normal" Tegwyn
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Just me!...........Sophia
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Mormon Brits? Weird to think about. But then again, I had 2 in my class in Zims of all places.......

I bet some of those Mormon folk partake on the quiet - drink and drugs are probably the only things that keep them sane
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sophia_S
Just me!...........Sophia
And you're one heckuva special old bird
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:40 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I like popping into the Brit store down Greenville ave here in Dallas..

"alright then"
"yeah...lovely"
"thats good then"....

just simple words.....but so much more personal and down to earth than the bulls!t you have to go through with the septics everyday.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:41 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Mormon Brits? Weird to think about. But then again, I had 2 in my class in Zims of all places.......

I bet some of those Mormon folk partake on the quiet - drink and drugs are probably the only things that keep them sane
Where I lived in the UK we had a huge Mormon church a few miles away. I don't know how many people went to it.
My best friend when I was small had moved back to the UK from Nairobi. Her dad was in the airforce..anyway they were mormons.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 2:52 pm
Tim

magilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to behold

I was in a little shop in Wilmington and the owner had a full southern accent, yet overhearing her conversation with another customer heard her say the word "bugger", still with the accent. Without a thought I piped up with "you're English!" as if I had just met a long lost friend, no idea why I did. Turned out she was from Bury, Lancs, but has been here 30 years, she's the only one I have met here. Although, I was on the receiving end in a shop in Myrtle Beach, when I greeted the salesgirl with a simple "hiya', she quickly responded with "Oh My God you're English!" turns out she was from near Leeds.

Also turned out that our nationalities were the only thing we had to talk about in both cases.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 3:46 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

theres a fair few in our neck of the woods (prolly a dozen or so, not met all of them yet). I work with another Brit who I've known for a fair while.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

The guy on the cash register in Walmart last night is from Mansfield. Been here 20 years. He forgot to ring up half our stuff (beer and wine) as he was so excited to talk to hubby. I thought we were never going to get out of there. Poor guy he was probably a tad home sick and happy to hear a fellow Brit.
Hubby was anxious to get out as Wally World is not his favorite place in the world.....
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
The guy on the cash register in Walmart last night is from Mansfield. Been here 20 years. He forgot to ring up half our stuff (beer and wine) as he was so excited to talk to hubby. I thought we were never going to get out of there. Poor guy he was probably a tad home sick and happy to hear a fellow Brit.
Hubby was anxious to get out as Wally World is not his favorite place in the world.....
Poor Sod having to work in Walmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.