Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How low will fox go for $$$?

Wikiposts

How low will fox go for $$$?

Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:33 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute
Default How low will fox go for $$$?

"Fox will slaughter the competition the final week of the November ratings sweeps when it airs a two-hour interview in which O.J. Simpson details how he would have murdered his wife, Nicole, and Ronald Goldman more than 10 years ago.

Had he done it."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...111401237.html

Can they sink any lower?

:scared:
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How low will fox go for $$$?

Originally Posted by dan_alford
"Fox will slaughter the competition the final week of the November ratings sweeps when it airs a two-hour interview in which O.J. Simpson details how he would have murdered his wife, Nicole, and Ronald Goldman more than 10 years ago.

Had he done it."

Can they sink any lower?

Are they paying him? Obviously they will sell lots of pricey adverts.

OJ has written this new book, and the publishers have paid him 3.5 MILLION to write the book. It's nothing more than a publicity stunt and it's ridiculous that anyone would give him money. And, according to the network news channels the money has been paid to OJ in such a way that it cannot be used as compensation he owes for losing the civil lawsuit. His NFL pension is protected, and moving to Florida protected additional funds. He's such a lowlife.

Last edited by jen_andreson; Nov 16th 2006 at 11:21 am.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:23 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Had he done it."

Can they sink any lower?

NO. but it will be interesting to see how many people will watch it as they will just be as bad.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jen_andreson

OJ has written this new book, and the publishers have paid him 3.5 MILLION to write the book. It's nothing more than a publicity stunt and it's ridiculous that anyone would give him money. And, according to the network news channels the money has been paid to OJ in such a way that it cannot be used as compensation he owes for losing the civil lawsuit. His NFL pension is protected, and moving to Florida protected additional funds. He's such a lowlife.

I see Fox News are going out of their way to say they had nothing to do with it. They say they will not be showing any clips.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:27 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I see Fox News are going out of their way to say they had nothing to do with it. They say they will not be showing any clips.

I sincerely hope that all but a tiny minority of people will have the decency and good sense not to watch this ... ... ... (I'm not sure what to call it; for once words fail me...)
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I sincerely hope that all but a tiny minority of people will have the decency and good sense not to watch this ... ... ... (I'm not sure what to call it; for once words fail me...)

I hope someone somewhere finds a way to prosecute him. I realise he can't be tried for the same crime twice...but maybe they could find some sort of loophole in the law.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:33 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I hope someone somewhere finds a way to prosecute him. I realise he can't be tried for the same crime twice...but maybe they could find some sort of loophole in the law.

Perjury?
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Perjury?
Sounds good to me.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:44 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Perjury?
but he didn't actually testify by going on the stand.
I'd love to ask those jurors what on earth they were thinking!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that too. I hadn't realised that it's going to be on Fox TV (the one that shows House and the Simpsons) and NOT Fox News. Fox News was saying that the other newspapers and television stations should cover this story as they are, that is disgust with the fact that OJ is still finding ways to earn money, without paying what he owes. What on earth is he thinking and why won't he go away?

I wonder if he says anything in the interview or book that can be used against him.

His poor children...
Old Nov 16th 2006, 1:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I saw that too. I hadn't realised that it's going to be on Fox TV (the one that shows House and the Simpsons) and NOT Fox News. Fox News was saying that the other newspapers and television stations should cover this story as they are, that is disgust with the fact that OJ is still finding ways to earn money, without paying what he owes. What on earth is he thinking and why won't he go away?

I wonder if he says anything in the interview or book that can be used against him.

His poor children...

That's what I said...I hope they do and then throw the book at him.

Obviously doesn't care two hoots about his children.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

I will definately not be watching plus I do not like Fox at any rate mind you I do not like the Guardian either LIW where are you?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:12 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand, the book is published by Regan publishing, which is indirectly owned my Newscorp, which owns Fox. Coincidence?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

From what I understand, the book is published by Regan publishing, which is indirectly owned my Newscorp, which owns Fox. Coincidence?

I read that, too. That publisher is known for getting people to talk and do crazy things...she seems to be able to talk people into saying and doing anything. Apparently she worked at the National Enquirer for a bit? Horrible.

I did hear that whilst double jeopardy laws mean he can't be tried again in state court, he could be charged in a federal court if he says or does something worth pursuing. I really wish the Goldman family would have won their recent lawsuit--it's not right that OJ can continue to profit.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

deng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to all

Sounds good to me.

Which is probably why he qualifies his interview with "if I had done it." The guy is a total scum bag....and it just doesn't surprise me that Fox, the station of the "moral majority" would stoop this low. Last night I saw Jay Leno call for a boycott of any company that sponsors the interview, which I think is a great idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.