Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How long will i be alone from my wife and get my K3 visa??????

How long will i be alone from my wife and get my K3 visa??????

Old Jan 29th 2002, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

alonelyheart4mygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there
well i am speechless i do not know what to say but i wll appreciate it from anyone with infos about how long will it take till i can get my K3 visa i am a Moroccan citizen , my wife filled all the necessary petions for me I130 and I129f and got reciept already..... the I129f had to be sent to CHICAGO and my mom's in law got a letter from the INS that she should contact the MSC Missouri Service Center which is believed to be the last step before it goes to NVC National Visa Center that will contact the US consulate in Morocco ... i got all these infos after searching days and nights hereeeeeeeeeeeeeee in this damn pc hehehhe now can i be lucky and found my answers pleaseeeeeeeeeee how it goes and how long will it take now to processed bearing in mind that my papers are in the MSC?????
any informations is highly appreciated
truly yours
Rabie/Morocco
xoox
Old Jan 29th 2002, 10:46 pm
Michael Voight

alonelyheart4mygirl wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Wait.. Why did your mother in law get a letter from the INS????

Old Jan 30th 2002, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

alonelyheart4mygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

they asked her to send a copy of my marriage certificate and our birth certificate
Old Jan 31st 2002, 8:30 am
Skaternl

I-129 AND I-130 ????

You're married and NOT married ??

I-129F send to Chicago ??? I think that should go to NSC ! (Nebraska Service
Center).........

What is the MSC doing with your applications ?? Chicago and read is covered
by the NSC.

I suggest you go look at the doc steen website OR find yourself someone specialized
in K3 visas.

I'm not sure, but a LOT of questions are raising in my head when I read this. Anybody
who can say something useful about this post??

alonelyheart4mygirl <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 31st 2002, 11:45 am
Alvena Ferreira

SKaTeRNL wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
And I suggest that you do some reading on the K-3 before you post any more about it.
The I-129f IS used for the K-3, IS filed to Chicago, and IS approved by the Missouri
Service Center. Reference the K-3 pages of the Doc Steen site, please, at your
leisure. Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org

Old Jan 31st 2002, 3:49 pm
Iona

The I-129F for spouses (not fiances) goes to Chicago. I received my receipt from
Chicago, and approximately 30 days later, the approval was sent out from MSC (I have
an MSC number) The approval was dated November 30. I received a package from the US
consulate in Vancouver which was dated Dec. 18, outlining all the documents I had to
submit. Once I had all the documents, I mailed them in with the passport and received
the visa 6 days later (Jan. 24). Were it not for Christmas holidays, I am sure it
would have progressed more quickly.

The biggest wait was just getting the darn NOA from the I-130.

Hope this helps...

I.

[email protected] (SKaTeRNL)
[usenetquote2]> > hi there well i am speechless i do not know what to say but i wll appreciate it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > from anyone with infos about how long will it take till i can get my K3 visa i am[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > a Moroccan citizen , my wife filled all the necessary petions for me I130 and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I129f and got reciept already..... the I129f had to be sent to CHICAGO and my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > mom's in law got a letter from the INS that she should contact the MSC Missouri[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Service Center which is believed to be the last step before it goes to NVC[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > National Visa Center that will contact the US consulate in Morocco ... i got all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > these infos after searching days and nights hereeeeeeeeeeeeeee in this damn pc[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > hehehhe now can i be lucky and found my answers pleaseeeeeeeeeee how it goes and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > how long will it take now to processed bearing in mind that my papers are in the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > MSC????? any informations is highly appreciated truly yours Rabie/Morocco xoox[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 31st 2002, 6:28 pm
Antony

alonelyheart4mygirl <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I am looking for the same information. We filed our paperwork in Sept. Our receipts
from the INS came in early October. That is the last I have heard from the INS. I
have found no way to check on the status of my I-129f. All you can do is call the
national visa center, and find whether or not they have your case yet. It is
frustrating. Send me your details. There is also a website you can go and look at
other peoples k3 timelines. www.marriagebasedvisas.org and go to the link for k3
timelines. You can also give them your information and they will add you to their
timeline page. You can check out me and my wifes page at
www.geocities.com/lestat_200x

Old Jan 31st 2002, 9:40 pm
Michael Voight

SKaTeRNL wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

No.. I-129F is filed for K-3 also...:_)

Old Jan 31st 2002, 9:42 pm
Michael Voight

SKaTeRNL wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You can know for sure that you can be married and file both I-130 and I-129F.....

Michael

Old Feb 3rd 2002, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

loverboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IS IT POSSIBLE ??????,,,

is it posible to send the I130 and the I129f whithout waiting for the I130's receipt and this will not cause a delay of action.... honestly my wife did that so everything is ok??
thank you
Old Feb 4th 2002, 11:19 am
Alvena Ferreira

loverboy wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
No, that is not acceptable. The chicago and Missouri INS facilities have to have the
I-130 petition notice of action so that they know which petition this is based on.
There must be an identifying number somewhere, I think. What is likely to happen is
that your wife will get a request from the Chicago office to send in a copy of the
I-130 notice of receipt to them. Hopefully by the time she gets that request, she
will have this notice of receipt. It will delay things a bit but hopefully not too
much. Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org