Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How long for the interview?

How long for the interview?

Old Aug 17th 2002, 9:46 am
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough
Question How long for the interview?

Hi all,

Anyone how long it will take for the Embassy to give me an interivew at London, once they get the approval from Texas Service Centre, please?

Thanks.

Joanne.
Old Aug 17th 2002, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long for the interview?

Hi,
Not quite the same, as we filed a DCF in London.
However from the time we received our approval to the interview, in London, was about 6 weeks.
I think a lot depends on the anticpated departure date, you put.
They do seem quite helpful in trying to push people through if they have a quicker departure.

Good luck

Originally posted by Joanne Knight:
Hi all,

Anyone how long it will take for the Embassy to give me an interivew at London, once they get the approval from Texas Service Centre, please?

Thanks.

Joanne.
Old Aug 17th 2002, 12:38 pm
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have not put a date for going to live in the U.S., I just put on the visa form: I would like to go there as soon as I am allowed to go.

I hope that is ok because I didn't want to put a date because they might have thought I was trying to be too pushy with my application.

Joanne.

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:
Hi,
Not quite the same, as we filed a DCF in London.
However from the time we received our approval to the interview, in London, was about 6 weeks.
I think a lot depends on the anticpated departure date, you put.
They do seem quite helpful in trying to push people through if they have a quicker departure.

Good luck

Old Aug 17th 2002, 3:26 pm
Targaff

Joanne Knight <[email protected]> wrote in
news:388216.1029577575 @britishexpats.com:

> Anyone how long it will take for the Embassy to give me an interivew at London,
    > once they get the approval from Texas Service Centre, please?

I'm afraid I can't remember the exact dates off-hand as I don't have the paperwork
with me, but for me it was pretty swift - I think something like 4-5 weeks?

--

Targaff

Old Aug 17th 2002, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really nice

I'm Graham (aka Targaff)'s fiancee--we got the 2nd NOA dated July 11 from TSC, he sent in the paperwork July 18, if I recall correctly, after receiving packet 3 in the mail a day or two before, and we got word of his interview date about a week and a half ago. The actual interview date is September 9, so total, it's about two months from 2nd NOA date to interview date. We're not getting married until December, so perhaps they might have sped up the process slightly if we'd, say, picked a date in October, but I think that overall, it's fairly quick.

-Heidi