Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How long before your NHS priviledges become exempt?

How long before your NHS priviledges become exempt?

Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:45 pm
You'e got to have a dream

Siobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to all
Default Re: How long before your NHS priviledges become exempt?

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
It actually stretches to page 68!
And as for you....you with that sweet facade....I KNOW THE TRUTH NOW!! Your not so innocent in this whole web of deceit I have the evidence to prove it.....

Aug 18th 2009, 11:13 pm AmerLisa

'I think BE should make this required reading for newbies, like when you sign the disclaimer or something....'

I'm shocked and may I say a little disappointed!

I want those hours back!!

You're both very naughty and need to go to the thinking place to reflect on your behaviour

Siobhan
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zonie
The freeloader comment was not intended to be linked to you, I borrowed it. The OP’s GP and address misinterpretation comment was accepted as not above-board.

See my post #5 about free NHS treatment criteria.

Emergency treatment is free to any visitor. GP is free to residents only. Hospital is free if unplanned to certain types of visitor and free if pre planned to other types of visitor. The OP would be in the last category.

In this thread an opinion was given that once residing in the US the OP should abandon any thoughts about using the NHS. I am saying he doesn't have to as he would be entitled (with intent) to pre planned hospital NHS treatment up to 5 years after leaving the UK.
Not quite true...free GP visits are at the discretion of the GP/GP Practise. Emergency hospital treatment is free to all visitors...not certain types.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not quite true...free GP visits are at the discretion of the GP/GP Practise.
Agree.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Emergency hospital treatment is free to all visitors...not certain types.
A&E only, not hospital treatment post emergency. I'm taking to quoting direct from the link now.

You will have to pay the full cost of all the treatment you receive, including emergency treatment, given by staff at a hospital or by staff employed by a hospital. However, there are some services that are free of charge to everyone:

Treatment given only in an Accident and Emergency (A&E) department or in a NHS Walk-in Centre providing services similar to those of an A&E department (excludes emergency treatment given elsewhere in the hospital);

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/E...able/DH_074379

Am I coming across as being pedantic?

Last edited by Zonie; Aug 25th 2010 at 10:54 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siobhan x
How could you, that was just meeeeeeeeaaaaaan!!!
You had this naughty little trick up your sleeve for a long time......exhibit a written on Aug 18th 2009 at 11:10 pm by you meauxna Super Moderator

'It's a rule you have to bump this once you refer it to someone, right?'
What a minx

I can find it in my big heart to forgive you though as the first 10 pages which included the max. posts possible where disturbing but hysterical have to say that for the sake of my sanity I jumped to the end but I wont spoil it for anyone else who may want to read a funny but long thread.
hahaha.. I kept looking at your profile and you were stuck on 'reading that thread' for the loooooongest time.
But you're right, I forgot to go bump it up.. brb!

Do you know.. I've never read that thread all the way through myself? I was hanging in the marriage based visa forum at the time and just couldn't believe it (my horizons have since expanded).

Now you know what kind of high quality material I can direct you to in the future, I know we'll be BFFs!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

And as for you....you with that sweet facade....I KNOW THE TRUTH NOW!! Your not so innocent in this whole web of deceit I have the evidence to prove it.....

Aug 18th 2009, 11:13 pm AmerLisa

'I think BE should make this required reading for newbies, like when you sign the disclaimer or something....'

I'm shocked and may I say a little disappointed!

I want those hours back!!

You're both very naughty and need to go to the thinking place to reflect on your behaviour

Siobhan
You haven't read anything yet!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681677
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lordy.. now she's done for!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:18 am

Siobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to all

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Stop it you mean girls, you know I'm easily led
I had a little peep and there where links to MORE threads which, now i have a flavour of your game, I am sure are days long!!

I have a life........A Husband.....I'm too young....Don't....Make....Me......Do......it!!!!!! HELP someone switch of my internet access......I'm addicted!!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:23 am

I want to play the link game too but I don't know how to put a link in at all. Go on spread the knowledge
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:33 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I want to play the link game too but I don't know how to put a link in at all. Go on spread the knowledge
Easiest way is to right-click on the link to the thread (if you are in the Forum page) and drag to "Copy shortcut", then you can paste it into your post.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by dunroving
Easiest way is to right-click on the link to the thread (if you are in the Forum page) and drag to "Copy shortcut", then you can paste it into your post.
I love that you credit me with the intellegence to know where the 'link to the thread' is to start with let alone being able to drag it to somewhere! You may need to break it down even more and speak slooowwly pictures are always helpful but i guess they're out of the question lol
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh lordy.. now she's done for!
YOU! I have just caught you lurking around Guinevere's thread, GLOATING

Bumping, what is this bumping?

Last edited by Siobhan x; Aug 26th 2010 at 10:28 am.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I love that you credit me with the intellegence to know where the 'link to the thread' is to start with let alone being able to drag it to somewhere! You may need to break it down even more and speak slooowwly pictures are always helpful but i guess they're out of the question lol
The link will be on the top of the page starts with 'http//' right click on it, a box should open with an option to 'copy' left click on that. go to the 'box' you want to put the 'link' into and then left click in there, then right click and pick the option to 'paste'...Give us a shout if it doesn't work

PS, 'bumping' just means adding a new post to an older thread, it will make the thread 'new' again.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

ryanthelion84 is just really niceryanthelion84 is just really niceryanthelion84 is just really niceryanthelion84 is just really niceryanthelion84 is just really niceryanthelion84 is just really niceryanthelion84 is just really niceryanthelion84 is just really niceryanthelion84 is just really nice

You lot are actually NUTS! I'm supposed to be working!!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Englishtart
The link will be on the top of the page starts with 'http//' right click on it, a box should open with an option to 'copy' left click on that. go to the 'box' you want to put the 'link' into and then left click in there, then right click and pick the option to 'paste'...Give us a shout if it doesn't work

PS, 'bumping' just means adding a new post to an older thread, it will make the thread 'new' again.
Thank you, just practicing
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:13 pm

Thank you, just practicing
Ok lets try that again WITHOUT FORGETTING to paste the LINK!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.