Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How long before your NHS priviledges become exempt?

How long before your NHS priviledges become exempt?

Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:31 pm
You'e got to have a dream

Siobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to all
Default Re: How long before your NHS priviledges become exempt?

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Surely there's a rule about leading the newbies to that thread....

And you do it with such happiness....
TELL ME IT DOESN'T SAY AT THE TOP PAGES 1 OF 50!

I'll need another weeks holiday from work! And I'm supposed to be using my time productively by looking for a house ASAP!

Is it as bad as the last one?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siobhan x

I'll need another weeks holiday from work! And I'm supposed to be using my time productively by looking for a house ASAP!

I think its becoming the holy thread of the Lounge.....
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

It actually stretches to page 68!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:45 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It's mucho mas better. Who needs a job anyway?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It's gripping!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:58 pm

Siobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to allSiobhan x is a name known to all

Ok can't help myself....I'm going in.....I may be some time!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
It actually stretches to page 68!
34 pages for me....because I have my setting on the max. number of posts per page.

Maybe we should compromise at 1346 posts.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ryanthelion84
Again, my sincere apologies for rubbing people up the wrong way as it was not the intention...

I think emirgration, particularly in terms of it's complexity, along with everything else people all across the world are going through with regards to money, be it bank debt, or the rising cost of healthcare, in this time of economic struggle has peoples nerves on tenderhooks!
I'm not sure you need to aplogise so much. Yes you made an error with your GP comment but that had nothing to do with the idiot banking thread. The fact is, even if you do reside in the US you will be entitled for 5 years to go back to the UK for hospital treatment should you so decide.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 5:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zonie
I'm not sure you need to aplogise so much. Yes you made an error with your GP comment but that had nothing to do with the idiot banking thread. The fact is, even if you do reside in the US you will be entitled for 5 years to go back to the UK for hospital treatment should you so decide.
Even after 5 years any visitor to the UK is entitled to free emergency hospital treatment. Heck they can even get free non emergency treatment from their GP...this is at the GP's discretion...there is no set rule.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 5:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

In case there is any lingering confusion about the bank thread (?!) I have added the following to the first post in the thread:

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post and its follow ups were written in response to someone asking HOW to pay their UK debts from the US.

If the replies seemed out of balance, it's because the original thread was a completely benign request for help with the mechanics of paying a UK debtor from the US.

Of course, it degenerated when some users stated that they had read the OP's mind and knew that he REALLY meant to ask about how to ditch his debts. And maybe smoke pot, I'm not really clear on that part.

Well yeah, but if I'm in the position of *needing* a hospital, I don't want to fly 9+ hours to get to it. I'm just sayin', as a *practical* matter.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well yeah, but if I'm in the position of *needing* a hospital, I don't want to fly 9+ hours to get to it. I'm just sayin', as a *practical* matter.
Practical or not, it is an entitlement, not the action of a freeloader.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:49 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Practical or not, it is an entitlement, not the action of a freeloader.
The freeloader comment was about getting NHS treatment that you are not entitled to, by misrepresenting where you really live - do a search for threads on MBTTUK about the NHS if you need clarification. This comes up time and again on BE.

[Later edit: Plus, travelling back with the intention of getting medical treatment is different than travelling back for a holiday and ending up needing treatment. The NHS will give emergency treatment for free to anyone from any country who is on holiday in the UK].

It's all about intent.

Last edited by dunroving; Aug 25th 2010 at 8:15 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
The freeloader comment was about getting NHS treatment that you are not entitled to, by misrepresenting where you really live - do a search for threads on MBTTUK about the NHS if you need clarification. This comes up time and again on BE.

[Later edit: Plus, travelling back with the intention of getting medical treatment is different than travelling back for a holiday and ending up needing treatment. The NHS will give emergency treatment for free to anyone from any country who is on holiday in the UK].

It's all about intent.
Exactly...
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

The freeloader comment was not intended to be linked to you, I borrowed it. The OP’s GP and address misinterpretation comment was accepted as not above-board.

It's all about intent.
See my post #5 about free NHS treatment criteria.

Emergency treatment is free to any visitor. GP is free to residents only. Hospital is free if unplanned to certain types of visitor and free if pre planned to other types of visitor. The OP would be in the last category.

In this thread an opinion was given that once residing in the US the OP should abandon any thoughts about using the NHS. I am saying he doesn't have to as he would be entitled (with intent) to pre planned hospital NHS treatment up to 5 years after leaving the UK.

Last edited by Zonie; Aug 25th 2010 at 9:03 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna

It's mucho mas better. Who needs a job anyway?
How could you, that was just meeeeeeeeaaaaaan!!!
You had this naughty little trick up your sleeve for a long time......exhibit a written on Aug 18th 2009 at 11:10 pm by you meauxna Super Moderator

'It's a rule you have to bump this once you refer it to someone, right?'
What a minx

I can find it in my big heart to forgive you though as the first 10 pages which included the max. posts possible where disturbing but hysterical have to say that for the sake of my sanity I jumped to the end but I wont spoil it for anyone else who may want to read a funny but long thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.