Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How to handle disagreement over dentist's bill?

How to handle disagreement over dentist's bill?

Old Jul 6th 2005, 11:04 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to handle disagreement over dentist's bill?

Originally Posted by ImHere
On the NHS about 190 quid, or about 400-450 private:

http://www.whatprice.co.uk/health/dentist.php
I may.......No I WILL become a health tourist, remind me to get my teeth fixed, when I go back to Blighty in August.........
Old Jul 6th 2005, 11:21 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Well, my teeth weren't actually hurting. The fillings were old and starting to fail (crack), so the dentist said it was best to crown them rather than re-fill. On reflection it might have been just as effective (and a lot cheaper) to just re-fill them.

Sometimes I wonder whether he recommends the "best" treatment (i.e., most appropriate), or the most expensive.

oh I have one crown and it was necessary after my root canal..we had to pay cash :scared: actually it wasn't too bad cos they let me pay in installments cos I'm poor

Several months ago my son needed several fillings in his baby teeth (yeah he so too brushes his teeth properly )
anyway they said he would have to have crowns ..horrible metal ones..."eeek!!!" I said no way!!! I had to talk with the dentist personally(we were in a dental clinic) she was cool, she said she understood and would give my son the fillings but many dentist nowadays wont do it as it's more time consuming
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:33 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=New in NY]It seems that miracles do happen

Cigna told me on the phone that they won't pay for the consultation and today I logged on to my account and couldn't believe my eyes. They have paid the endodontist $56 for the consultation and of course he is not allowed to bill me the difference
QUOTE]

Must be a day for miracles!! we got a revised account thru the post today.

Outstanding balance 4068
Insurance payments 0
Patient payments 0
Internal adjustment -4068
Outstanding balance 0

No letter, no explanation, no apology, just the revised account!

I'm alternating between extremely grateful that we don't have to pay it and absolutely furious at the barefaced dishonesty in trying to overbill us in the first place!

Before I logged on, I was wondering how to post this without sounding like I was gloating, but now you've got yours happily sorted too, I'm not so worried Time for a beer!!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:42 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Yorkieabroad]
Originally Posted by New in NY
It seems that miracles do happen

Cigna told me on the phone that they won't pay for the consultation and today I logged on to my account and couldn't believe my eyes. They have paid the endodontist $56 for the consultation and of course he is not allowed to bill me the difference
QUOTE]

Must be a day for miracles!! we got a revised account thru the post today.

Outstanding balance 4068
Insurance payments 0
Patient payments 0
Internal adjustment -4068
Outstanding balance 0

No letter, no explanation, no apology, just the revised account!

I'm alternating between extremely grateful that we don't have to pay it and absolutely furious at the barefaced dishonesty in trying to overbill us in the first place!

Before I logged on, I was wondering how to post this without sounding like I was gloating, but now you've got yours happily sorted too, I'm not so worried Time for a beer!!
Give me the address, I've got Vinnie on the phone now....
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:34 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gruffbrown]
Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad

Give me the address, I've got Vinnie on the phone now....
Cheers mate, but I'm keeping quiet in case they change their minds

But if vinnie wants a beer - tell him to PM me! Got a booze cabinet that needs emptying before we abandon ship next week....
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

£190 on the NHS for a crown? Maybe gold, but myself and hubby have both had amalgam crowns and cost us £80 each.