Reload this Page >

How to get a job in the US

How to get a job in the US

Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:22 pm
Tulio

sebzabar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get a job in the US

Hi all

I am a spanish guy that is currently completing a PhD in economics and in the future I would like to do an MBA...
I would like to start a career in the USA in investment banking or venture capital if possible but I dont have the necessary experience... and one needs a visa.
I would like to know your opinion/experience of all those ones who succeeded in this same purpose I actually have and read your comments/suggestions.
I dont really have any clues on visas, recruitment agencies...
Please let me know about your opinions. I wouldnt mind on going to Oz or other countries different than spain. If you have any questions about coming to work to Spain, pls let me know and I will tell you what to do
THanks a lot

Marco
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:33 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get a job in the US

Originally Posted by sebzabar
Hi all

I am a spanish guy that is currently completing a PhD in economics and in the future I would like to do an MBA...
I would like to start a career in the USA in investment banking or venture capital if possible but I dont have the necessary experience... and one needs a visa.
I would like to know your opinion/experience of all those ones who succeeded in this same purpose I actually have and read your comments/suggestions.
Please let me know about your opinions. I wouldnt mind on going to Oz or other countries different than spain. If you have any questions about coming to work to Spain, pls let me know and I will tell you what to do
THanks a lot

Marco
My suggestion, for what it's worth, would be to see if you can do the MBA in the US on a student's visa. It would definitely help for networking and I believe US companies prefer to employ people who have MBAs from US universities. While you're here studying, you can hopefully open some avenues in terms of eventually getting a working visa.

Of course, finances could be an issue as you will need to pay the fees and support yourself.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Well speaking Spanish is a good start in the USA.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

plenty of info in the faq's....but give canada or Oz a go, be a lot easier if your not bothered by the country.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
be a lot easier if your not bothered by the country.
or Bangladesh.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:40 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I'm impressed that the first person to completely fail to read the new sticky How to immigrate message and fail to Search for previous threads is a PhD!

Way to go, Marco. You'll fit right in here.

Originally Posted by sebzabar
Hi all

THanks a lot

Marco
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

And now for today's 'History of Spain'

Philip of Spain.........what a catholic tosser!

The English (under the admiral, Howard of Effingham and his lieutenants, Francis Drake and John Hawkins) mounted a night-time attack with fireships against the fleet at Calais and then inflicted considerable damage in a battle off Gravelines. However, weather conditions forced the Armada back to Spain, round the north of Scotland and the west coast of Ireland - suffering heavy looses from storms and shipwrecks on the way. Further fleets were sent in 1596 and 1597, but both were stopped by storms.

Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:24 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop
Well speaking Spanish is a good start in the USA.
Why what's the national language?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:30 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Why what's the national language?

Spanish, in 15 years
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Spanish, in 15 years
Spanish now in Florida
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:53 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Spanish, in 15 years
Wrong.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:53 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Spanish now in Florida
Wrong
Old Oct 14th 2005, 12:34 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong
I agree.......the local language of a great deal of FL.......is Yorkshire.........
Old Oct 14th 2005, 2:07 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by krizzy
I agree.......the local language of a great deal of FL.......is Yorkshire.........
You sure? Sounds like greek to me! (well, in Tarpon Springs anyway)
Old Oct 14th 2005, 2:12 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Wrong
It may not be the official language but it sure as hell is a predominant language here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.