Reload this Page >

How to get British Passport for my daughter

Wikiposts

How to get British Passport for my daughter

Old Nov 12th 2013, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

dendale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get British Passport for my daughter

I was born in the UK and currently live in the US. My daughter was born in the USA and now wants to live and work in the UK. What does she need to apply for a British Passport. I have my original birth certificate and a British Passport

Thanks for replies
Old Nov 12th 2013, 12:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get British Passport for my daughter

When was she born? And are you the mother or father, and if you're the father, were you married to the mother at the time of the birth?
Old Nov 12th 2013, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

I am the mother I was born in Wales, lived there for 20 years before moving to USA. She was born in 1993.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 1:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

In that case it appears she is a British citizen (by descent) already. She may apply for a British passport directly.

Note that since she is British by descent her status will not automatically transmit to any non-U.K. born children she has, however depending on ties to the U.K. & territories the next generation may be able to be registered as British in due course.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

So,should she use the british passport to leave the U S. What happens when she comes back to the States. Its confusing with dual citizenship which passport to use and does she need british passport for proof in britain when she applies for a national insurance card
Old Nov 13th 2013, 2:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dendale
So,should she use the british passport to leave the U S. What happens when she comes back to the States. Its confusing with dual citizenship which passport to use and does she need british passport for proof in britain when she applies for a national insurance card
US citizens are required to leave and enter the US using their US passports. If your daughter intends to reside in the UK she should use her UK passport to enter the UK...otherwise she will enter as a visitor and not a resident. If she was visiting the UK then she could enter using either PP.