Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How fantastic our Universe is - cooool

How fantastic our Universe is - cooool

Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool How fantastic our Universe is - cooool

Hubby sent me an email with this information and link. Just had to pass it on - so fantastic to see

Subject: FW: Fantastic Site

For you science people. This is very cool.

Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida has put up a very interesting Java applet on their site. It begins as a view of the Milky Way Galaxy viewed from a distance of 10 million light years and then zooms in towards Earth in powers of ten of distance. 10 million, to one million, to 100,000 light years and so on and then it finally reaches a large Oak tree leaf. But that is not all it zooms into the leaf until it reaches to the level of the quarks viewed at 100 attometers.

Click on the link below to view this.

This is a fantastic representation of how magnificent the Universe is and how vastly infinite it is both in the macroscopic and the microscopic l Molecular Expressions: Science, Optics and You - Powers Of 10: Interactive Java Tutorial

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/j...of10/index.htm

Enjoy, Chris
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:34 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

great link

I'm fascinated with space, solar systems etc, I was watching a programme on the discovery channel the other night, and it really puts things into prespective on just how tiny we are!
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:50 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser

I was watching a programme on the discovery channel the other night, and it really puts things into prespective on just how tiny we are!
LOL! You trying to sound clever now Yossie?
Old Nov 26th 2003, 6:03 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
LOL! You trying to sound clever now Yossie?
nah I'll leave that for Patrick, he's the really clever one.

I'll stick to rubbing heat cream on my winkle and talkin about back pain with Brigie
Old Nov 27th 2003, 2:43 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
it really puts things into prespective on just how tiny we are!
Speak for yourself!
Old Nov 28th 2003, 4:21 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Patrick
Speak for yourself!
I saw it... in the DNA part... Yosser and Patrick were separated at birth!

Seriously though! I sent the link on to my Sons teacher so she could share it in class!

Brill!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 3:51 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How fantastic our Universe is - cooool

Originally posted by ArsNo2
Hubby sent me an email with this information and link. Just had to pass it on - so fantastic to see

Subject: FW: Fantastic Site

For you science people. This is very cool.

Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida has put up a very interesting Java applet on their site. It begins as a view of the Milky Way Galaxy viewed from a distance of 10 million light years and then zooms in towards Earth in powers of ten of distance. 10 million, to one million, to 100,000 light years and so on and then it finally reaches a large Oak tree leaf. But that is not all it zooms into the leaf until it reaches to the level of the quarks viewed at 100 attometers.

Click on the link below to view this.

This is a fantastic representation of how magnificent the Universe is and how vastly infinite it is both in the macroscopic and the microscopic l Molecular Expressions: Science, Optics and You - Powers Of 10: Interactive Java Tutorial

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/j...of10/index.htm

Enjoy, Chris

Hey, that's my work place. You can see my office just before you zoom into the oak tree, say hello as you pass by
Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

and it really puts things into prespective on just how tiny we are!
Yup your right....sod the diet....Where are those donuts
Old Jan 16th 2004, 5:12 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Cooool, anyone done the Planetarium in Manhattan, the Tom Hanks narrated journey through the universe is mind blowing!