British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   How to end ATT calls (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/how-end-att-calls-760390/)

411 Jun 1st 2012 9:22 pm

How to end ATT calls

I ordered UServe internet connectivity for my new place because i wanted to make sure I had wifi. I wanted installation to take place around August when Ill be back in the US but they brought my appointment forward without my knowledge and attempted to ship my router to an empty address. I managed to phone them up and cancel my appointment on the date of activation. Now I am getting endless automated phone calls about "it is imperative I contact them for my product to be delivered" Im still in the UK and I really dont want any bills for the period I didnt have internet. Im a bit disappointed with their tactic. Is this the sort of service I can expect from ATT.

fatbrit Jun 1st 2012 9:26 pm

Re: How to end ATT calls

Originally Posted by 411 (Post 10095499)
I ordered UServe internet connectivity for my new place because i wanted to make sure I had wifi. I wanted installation to take place around August when Ill be back in the US but they brought my appointment forward without my knowledge and attempted to ship my router to an empty address. I managed to phone them up and cancel my appointment on the date of activation. Now I am getting endless automated phone calls about "it is imperative I contact them for my product to be delivered" Im still in the UK and I really dont want any bills for the period I didnt have internet. Im a bit disappointed with their tactic. Is this the sort of service I can expect from ATT.

Oh yeah! ATT or any of the other big players.

Only give out your Google Voice number. Then you can block them when they start to piss you off.

411 Jun 1st 2012 9:31 pm

yes thats true I guess I could block them as they are calling my GV number. I just hope they dont intend to bill me despite not successfully delivering my router. I also hope it doesnt back-fire when I do eventually want to take out the service

fatbrit Jun 1st 2012 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by 411 (Post 10095513)
yes thats true I guess I could block them as they are calling my GV number. I just hope they dont intend to bill me despite not successfully delivering my router. I also hope it doesnt back-fire when I do eventually want to take out the service

The most common scenario with ATT is in about 5 years time you'll find a collection agency on your credit report....whether they bill you or not.

kimilseung Jun 1st 2012 10:14 pm

Why not call them?

Weeze Jun 1st 2012 10:18 pm

Is this the sort of service you can expect?
YES

I'll give you just 2 examples. Our wifi stopped working on anything but the laptop, so iPhone, iPad, blackberry, even the kindle. When I contacted AT&T they said they wouldn't do anything about it as it was the 3rd party devices fault, regardless of the fact the worked on every wifi in the world except the one I paid for. I had to search for the solution online which, surprisingly turned out to be an AT&T issue which too many of the neighbours fighting for the same wifi availability.
Second example, tv buggered up and couldn't playback, or signal went shite. They came out and said we needed a new router. They left their cellphone number in case we had problems. Since then, I loose all tv, wifi, and even phone service frequently. I have been trying to contact them on the cell phone unsuccessfully (my call is import so leave a message), their manager unsuccessfully and I cannot access their online chat feature from a Mac.

411 Jun 1st 2012 10:25 pm

very interesting I tried calling them and each time I said I wanted to cancel they said they couldnt hear me. So I said to the guy "its rather funny that you have all my details but once I ask you to cancel you can no longer hear what I am saying". I asked to speak to the manager who claims to have cancelled my service but couldnt give me a cancellation code. I know they werent too happy I was calling from the UK and could not recognize my number. If this is what I can expect I may need to look into other providers. I cant afford an intermittent service from them. Verizon fios isnt in my area yet so I think Im left with one other option and I cant even remember their name!

Weeze Jun 1st 2012 10:32 pm

Like fatbrit said, you'll hear similar problems about all the big providers.

Brit3964 Jun 2nd 2012 3:07 am

Originally Posted by fatbrit (Post 10095552)
The most common scenario with ATT is in about 5 years time you'll find a collection agency on your credit report....whether they bill you or not.

Yup. I had a running battle with AT&T for several months back in 1999 over a long distance phone bill. Basically the *****ers tried to charge me full rate on a second line even though I had a special low rate on the first line. They claimed they didn't know about the special rate on the first line as I hadn't told them about it. Ummm...same phone company, same name and address on both lines?? They didn't get the money. In the end a GTE rep sorted it out for me laughing as he did it making it look like it was a refund owed to me :thumbup:

411 Jun 3rd 2012 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Weeze (Post 10095584)
I cannot access their online chat feature from a Mac.

I use a mac and I did not have problems chatting with them. I wander if this is browser related. I use chrome, safari and firefox. Do you have U-Serve? I hear this is the best at the moment