Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How do you like your timezone?.

How do you like your timezone?.

Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do you like your timezone?.

Do you ever wish you were in another timezone to which you are currently situated?. I mean, for me, I'm glad I don't have to sit up until gone midnight to watch the end of a sporting event that didn't start until 9pm on the east coast, although the 8 hour difference for calling home sometimes becomes a pain. What I don't like about where I live, is that we don't change our clocks, so half the year we are on mountain time, which is like the bastard child of all the other timezones.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:25 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you like your timezone?.

I wish we *didn't* change our clocks.... the sun *needs* to go down here. You can't go out at night without collapsing of heat prostration until at least 8 pm. Would rather just leave it alone all year and not mess with my already temperamental body clock twice annually.

If my body clock were fixed, I reckon somewhere in the Pacific between here and Japan would be ideal to get my waking hours and sunlight in sync. But I fear I am a night owl -- I'll adjust anywhere to wanting to sleep late and go to bed late, which is counter to God, America, and apple pie.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

DEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant future
Talking Re: How do you like your timezone?.

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Do you ever wish you were in another timezone to which you are currently situated?.
*nod* *nod* I wish I was back to 1981...
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Do you ever wish you were in another timezone to which you are currently situated?. I mean, for me, I'm glad I don't have to sit up until gone midnight to watch the end of a sporting event that didn't start until 9pm on the east coast, although the 8 hour difference for calling home sometimes becomes a pain. What I don't like about where I live, is that we don't change our clocks, so half the year we are on mountain time, which is like the bastard child of all the other timezones.
Yes, those 9pm starts for basketball are just too unfair!! we always miss the end as we have to go to bed I can understand why they start at that time during the weekdays (ie to get maximum viewers coast to coast) but WHY still 9pm on the weekend??? I cant wait to watch tonight's game but I know that I wont get the result until the morning, as Im sure we will miss the end as usual. Apart from that, Im really enjoying New England so its my only complaint for now... perhaps it will be a different story when I experience my first winter here! :scared:
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DEE_UK
*nod* *nod* I wish I was back to 1981...
I wish I was in a later time zone instead of GMT -8. We are the last to see the sun rise and set.

Also miss most of the "action". Most of the news is old by the time our morning rolls around!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:35 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Why is michigan EST?

never understood it.

would much prefer being Central.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

I would like year-round Pacific time for AZ. It would make my work life much easier.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:10 pm
Grumpy Member

y2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to all

Living in Arizona, I think the timezone is great, being on the west side of a time zone means daylight for longer into the evening compared to those on the east side of a timezone, meaning more time to get things done in the light after work.

I wish we had daylight savings to provide daylight for even longer in the summers. I've read a few articles on this and they suggest that it is because of the heat and people don't want it to be hot for so long at night. I don't really understand that argument as it is still really hot well after the sun goes down in the summer. If the clocks went forward there would be more time in the morning before it warms up, when the temperatue is a fair bit lower.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Why is michigan EST?

never understood it.

would much prefer being Central.
It's not as exciting as you might think.

I think the Mountain Time people have all the fun.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:58 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Blee my mother's heart. She's in central time (Florida Panhandle) and me EST and she's always getting it confused when I say I'll call you at such and such a time. She'll call me and say I'll call you at 8 pm my time, that's 9 pm your time. Yes Mom, I know...................sigh.........
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:04 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

The sun comes up in the morning and sets in the evening. My time zone seems okay to me.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:51 am
ImHere

I quite like my timezone but sometimes I wish I lived on the international date line then if I had a really good day or on a sunday, for instance, I could just take a few paces and have the whole day again. Voila! Three day weekends and still get paid for a full week.

Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:26 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

I really need to facilitate overcomplication in my life by being in a screwy time zone like Nepal (5 3/4 hours ahead). This mountain time stuff is just too simple....
Old Jun 20th 2005, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hadn't thought much about it, but as long as I can get up when it's light and go to bed when it's dark I like it well enough.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:14 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Pacific Time here. 8 hours behind the UK. Wanna know how difficult it is to get slaughtered on a Saturday night and then wanna ring home? Even a twelve hour difference would make that easier!

Last edited by CaliforniaBride; Jun 20th 2005 at 6:40 pm. Reason: ImHere's act of human kindness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.