Reload this Page >

How do we emigrate to the US?

Wikiposts

How do we emigrate to the US?

Old Jun 13th 2003, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

aramintaalice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ranjini
At last someone with "the other side of the story". Something I miss over here is the sports. Especially, cricket. But I do agree with you about the friendly atmosphere. It's everywhere.
When we returned a few weeks back from Canada, it was kind of nice being home, if only to see the friendly faces of our American waitresses when we went out to have our first meal. The "natives" are friendly and that to my way of thinking is a big plus. Good luck in your quest. You will enjoy living here. You appear to be kind of person who sees the glass half full...
That depends. The glass is half full while I'm over there but somehow it suddenly appears to be half empty as soon as I get back to England again! Thanks for wishing me luck - I think that training as a nurse or a teacher seems to be the best way and am contacting colleges now! Watch this space........
Old Jun 13th 2003, 3:31 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by aramintaalice
That depends. The glass is half full while I'm over there but somehow it suddenly appears to be half empty as soon as I get back to England again! Thanks for wishing me luck - I think that training as a nurse or a teacher seems to be the best way and am contacting colleges now! Watch this space........
That's wonderful! Go for it, I'll be rooting for you. Please be in touch and keep us updated
Old Jun 13th 2003, 11:50 am
Just Joined

bubbles2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink The Grass is always Greener on the Other side!

Hello! Friends

I was reading your post about how much you would love to move to the US and in my case I would love to move to the UK.

I have a friend who came here as an aupair from England and now she is a permanent resident, of course it took a few years but you never know.

Contact me, maybe I can introduce you to her and she can give you some good advice. I'm still having hopes to move to the UK. Love Northern England! Absolutely!
Old Jun 13th 2003, 2:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you don't enjoy cricket No point asking, but perhaps you aren't a fan of the limited-overs game either. ....
I guess that it's mostly because non of my family and very few friends have any interest in it. There is something peculiarly British about the game though, a game the English invent with rules so complex that few people fully understand them and they introduce it to other countries that play better than the English national side!

The main problem I have is that cricket takes so long for anything exciting to happen. Sure a one day match can be exciting, but only the last half hour or so, and even then only sometimes!
Old Jun 13th 2003, 3:20 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pulaski
There is something peculiarly British about the game though, a game the English invent with rules so complex that few people fully understand them and they introduce it to other countries that play better than the English national side!
I have to confess that I don't understand the intricacies of the game either. Never been able to tell a chinaman from a googly nor a late cut from a leg bye... generally leave it to the men-folk to hash and rehash "how the game was played". You're right. I don't believe England has ever been a World Cup winner...
Old Jun 14th 2003, 2:56 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I have to confess that I don't understand the intricacies of the game either. Never been able to tell a chinaman from a googly nor a late cut from a leg bye... generally leave it to the men-folk to hash and rehash "how the game was played". You're right. I don't believe England has ever been a World Cup winner...

A Chinaman is a googly by a left handed bowler! Cricket 101
Old Jun 14th 2003, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

aramintaalice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Grass is always Greener on the Other side!

Originally posted by bubbles2003
Hello! Friends

I was reading your post about how much you would love to move to the US and in my case I would love to move to the UK.

I have a friend who came here as an aupair from England and now she is a permanent resident, of course it took a few years but you never know.

Contact me, maybe I can introduce you to her and she can give you some good advice. I'm still having hopes to move to the UK. Love Northern England! Absolutely!

But.....why would you want to move to the UK? I can't see any benefits unless you're seriously ill and need the NHS!! No, seriously I'd love to know why you'd want to be here though.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

But.....why would you want to move to the UK? I can't see any benefits unless you're seriously ill and need the NHS!! No, seriously I'd love to know why you'd want to be here though.
II try not to get into "P"ing contest’s, but think your comment above, sad, unbelievable and insulting.

Millions of people all over the world would love to go live in the UK. Hence all the EEC people flocking there, full of French, Dutch, Germans, Italians, Swiss etc. Flocking to London & the City for jobs.
I am sure there are just as many people wanting to go to the UK as the USA. Prorated there are five times as many Americans as British & USA is 60 times bigger than UK, if you use those multiples on those desperate to go to UK, I bet the number is far greater than those trying to come to USA. Lots of people choose the USA over UK, for one reason, it's easier to get into the US then it is to live work in UK. The UK is an Island. The US has many borders to creep in.

I got in a cab in NYC recently, the driver told me he lived in UK. Why did he leave, because he got deported. What was he doing in USA, because it's easier to get to live here than the UK.

Reg. Frank R.
Living in the USA, but very proud to be British.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 4:32 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by frrussre
II try not to get into "P"ing contest’s, but think your comment above, sad, unbelievable and insulting.

Lots of people choose the USA over UK, for one reason, it's easier to get into the US then it is to live work in UK. The UK is an Island. The US has many borders to creep in.

I got in a cab in NYC recently, the driver told me he lived in UK. Why did he leave, because he got deported. What was he doing in USA, because it's easier to get to live here than the UK.
I'm sorry but this is absolutely not true. You have no idea...the UK is awash with thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants, and even legal immigrants. Our government is so unbelievably free with immigration that we are overun. Every English person knows that it is becoming a problem. If the US is so easy to get into then why have I been waiting 2 and a half years to emigrate there? Why is it that every time I go there I am heavily questioned? I think the USA is the hardest country in the world to get into...even for a vacation. I only wish that the UK immigration officers were as tough as the ones in NYC! Then we wouldn't have so many problems.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rockgurl
I'm sorry but this is absolutely not true. You have no idea...the UK is awash with thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants, and even legal immigrants. Our government is so unbelievably free with immigration that we are overun. Every English person knows that it is becoming a problem. If the US is so easy to get into then why have I been waiting 2 and a half years to emigrate there? Why is it that every time I go there I am heavily questioned? I think the USA is the hardest country in the world to get into...even for a vacation. I only wish that the UK immigration officers were as tough as the ones in NYC! Then we wouldn't have so many problems.
UK has 58 million people. USA 280 million, peoples. I bet there are many more illegal’s in USA then UK. Let’s guess there are 500,000 illegal’s in UK (Obviously not). I bet there are 20 million in USA. Probably 2-3 million in CA alone. NY probably 1 million.
Are you looking at the UK, last ten years with EEC & the stories of illegal’s & the Channel tunnel. Or are you looking at UK USA last 50 years.

Yes it's tuff to visit USA & yes they ask a lot of silly questions. But much more difficult to emigrate to UK "Legally" then to emigrate to USA "Legally"
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 5:34 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Thats straight out of the Ranjini book of diplomatic comments! How can you say such a dumb thing. Just because you don't want to be in the UK don't diss it. For ****s sake it is still one of the most progressive countries in the world, it is a much freeer society than america - (you don't need ID, your more than just a SSN).

For all your dislike of your native country don't think that America is the land of milk of honey, some things are better some are worse but you have just shown how ignorant you are! If you think that by escaping the UK any problems you have will disappear they won't, I have been here 4 months and still haven't got a job (only had 3 interviews). The money here isn't as great as people make out (it is relative, if its expensive to live then the money is higher so you can earn a lot but you then pay a lot in rent/mortgage, taxes and other such stuff.

The NHS isn't great but health insurance for your family will cost you upwards of $120 a month, then you have to pay $20 for each visit to the doctors. Alright the health care is much better but somewhere along the line your paying for it.

People come to the UK because it is a good place to live, it is a safe place (**** off with your stories of isolated incedants in your area everyone).

I am proud to be British, I love England and its cultural heritance. I too could find a million things that are wrong with the UK (and the US for that matter) but don't feel it necessary.

Patrick

Any chance of a moron free day! No, OK then.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 5:37 am
Pagan Sex God

II try not to get into "P"ing contest’s
Don't stop me now, I have my shit kickin' boots on now!
Old Jun 14th 2003, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Why do people on the boards, assume we emigrasted to Us because there was something wrong with the country we came from.

Why can't you come here for a change of climate, "A Change of anything".

As I have stated before, for me just a change of venue, certainly the weather. But no other motive. Could have moved to Manchester, Blackpool, Paris, Sussex, Milan, yo name it. Just another place to live.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Millions of people all over the world would love to go live in the UK. Hence all the EEC people flocking there, full of French, Dutch, Germans, Italians, Swiss etc. Flocking to London & the City for jobs.
I am sure there are just as many people wanting to go to the UK as the USA. Prorated there are five times as many Americans as British & USA is 60 times bigger than UK, if you use those multiples on those desperate to go to UK, I bet the number is far greater than those trying to come to USA. Lots of people choose the USA over UK, for one reason, it's easier to get into the US then it is to live work in UK. The UK is an Island. The US has many borders to creep in.

Reg. Frank R.
Living in the USA, but very proud to be British.

Not true at all about the loose immigration policy, whether or not that is bad for the United States. Asylum is far easier in Britain. Even Hussain's daughters mailed in their applications for asylum. Here they even turn away Cuban immigrants trying to swim to shore and deport them back to CERTAIN IMPRISONMENT AND/OR EXECUTION back in Cuba, even though they would be able to stay on if they had made it to shore (wet foot, dry foot). This is a horrible policy.

As far as illegal immigrants, yes there are many doing menial jobs for low pay to extremely low pay and they and their families are met with countless impassable blockades in regards to education, employment, law enforcement.. not a pleasant existance.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Jaytee:

"Not true at all about the loose immigration policy, whether or not that is bad for the United States. Asylum is far easier in Britain. Even Hussain's daughters mailed in their applications for asylum. Here they even turn away Cuban immigrants trying to swim to shore and deport them back to CERTAIN IMPRISONMENT AND/OR EXECUTION back in Cuba, even though they would be able to stay on if they had made it to shore (wet foot, dry foot). This is a horrible policy.

As far as illegal immigrants, yes there are many doing menial jobs for low pay to extremely low pay and they and their families are met with countless impassable blockades in regards to education, employment, law enforcement.. not a pleasant existance".

This thread is not about, the rights and wrongs of illegal immigration.
I did not make any moral or immoral judgements.
This thread is about bad mouthing, the UK. My response was that many people want to go to the UK and my opinion, that people come to the USA illegally or legally because it's easier.

If you want to start a thread on the moral issues of illegal immigrants, then please do so. But this thread is not the place.

Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.