Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How do I convince the wife to come to a Morrissey concert?

How do I convince the wife to come to a Morrissey concert?

Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:04 am
Tim

magilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to behold
Default How do I convince the wife to come to a Morrissey concert?

Ok, so I realise most of you will agree with her, but I grew up on new order, the stone roses and the smiths, and was delighted to learn of Moz's tour and that he is playing at Myrtle Beach, has anyone any ideas how I can convince my wife to go with me.
We have just bought a house (close next Wednesday!! ) and she is pleading poverty, but I just have to go, any suggestions to turn her around would be welcome
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:08 am
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I convince the wife to come to a Morrissey concert?

Originally Posted by magilla442
Ok, so I realise most of you will agree with her, but I grew up on new order, the stone roses and the smiths, and was delighted to learn of Moz's tour and that he is playing at Myrtle Beach, has anyone any ideas how I can convince my wife to go with me.
We have just bought a house (close next Wednesday!! ) and she is pleading poverty, but I just have to go, any suggestions to turn her around would be welcome
I don't understand what kind of person wouldn't jump at the chance of going to a Morrisey concert. He has nthe best hairdo ever ... give a take a flock of seagulls. Women are fickle when it comes to music. My wife got pissed when we were at EPCOT and I insisted on watching "Starship" perform "We built this city on Rock n' Roll." It made the hair stand on the back of my neck but all she did was bitch. If you're wife isn't up for it then leave her at home otherwise she is going to ruin one of the best nights ever.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:10 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggerwood
I insisted on watching "Starship" perform "We built this city on Rock n' Roll." It made the hair stand on the back of my neck but all she did was bitch.
Good grief! It makes my hackles stand up just reading about it!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:11 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Just go with a friend instead. I grew up on all that stuff too. Depeche Mode lived down the road, as did Suzi Quattro, but I'd never want to see either of them in concert.

Ian Dury, before his sad demise, that's another story.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:49 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

If Moz is playing Myrtle Beach, what next Atlantic City???

I dragged my spouse to a Pixies concert a couple of years ago and he was not a happy bunny. He said it was the worst concert he'd been to. I guess Frank Black's screeching and unintelligible lyrics weren't his cup of tea...

I would suggest asking friends and neighbors if they fancy some nostalgia by going to see Morrissey. You never know.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:53 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Tell her you'll take the girl friend is she doesn't go
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:00 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Oh....happy memories....I saw The Smiths twice (in Scotland) back in the 1980's and my sister went to the (unknown at the time) final UK concert and Johnny Marr gave her a cigarette....

Happy memories indeed....

I'd tell the wife that Morrissey has actually learnt to sing in the last few years so it won't be as bad as all that.

Then again, isn't USA Moz worship and UK Moz worship very different? British concerts are still full of loveless virgins who were just about to commit suicide before 'This Charming Man' happened to come on the radio and changed their lives forever.

Aren't American concerts full of Mexicans who like Morrissey for reasons that are still unclear?

Best advice.....

"go on your own, and stand on your own, and go home and cry and want to die"
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:04 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently people cower in abject terror before me - so tell her from me, she just has to go
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:55 am
Account Closed

pooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you sure it's just not Myrtle Beach she doesn't want to go to?!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I dragged my spouse to a Pixies concert a couple of years ago and he was not a happy bunny. He said it was the worst concert he'd been to. I guess Frank Black's screeching and unintelligible lyrics weren't his cup of tea...
But surely he cheered up when they started playing Debaser?! Or Wave of Mutilation? What a great band. I saw them a few times in the early 90s. Watched a live concert recently of them now reformed on American TV.

Tip for Myrtle Beach and Morrissey problem: just turn it into a nice weekend away, hotel, nice meal out etc.?
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: How do I convince the wife to come to a Morrissey concert?

Originally Posted by pooks
Are you sure it's just not Myrtle Beach she doesn't want to go to?!
Hey, they don't call it the Redneck Riviera for nothing you know
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Depeche Mode lived down the road, as did Suzi Quattro
Sounds like you're from Essex......

If Moz is playing Myrtle Beach, what next Atlantic City???
I actually saw Joe Strummer in Atlantic City...

In the UK, Moz concerts are excellent for People watching - not sure that applies in the US.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:05 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pharrya
Zing!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:44 pm
Tim

magilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pharrya

I actually saw Joe Strummer in Atlantic City...

In the UK, Moz concerts are excellent for People watching - not sure that applies in the US.
I know, saw him at Lancashire Cricket Club A few years back, so I really need to go if only to compare.

Still working on the wife, offered to take her to see Dave Matthews next time he's near in return, she says she'll think about it!

Regardless, I am going to go watch Morrissey! got Suedehead, You're the one for me fatty and all the smiths singles on a cd playing constantly in the car now, she will wear down, only a matter of time...
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.