Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How difficult is it to get a job the USA

How difficult is it to get a job the USA

Old May 26th 2008, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

mohdsaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How difficult is it to get a job the USA

Can someone tell me how difficult it is to get a job in the usa..

does anyone know of any multinational companies in the usa....etc

thanks
Old May 26th 2008, 3:27 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How difficult is it to get a job the USA

Originally Posted by mohdsaf

thanks
I congratulate you on the stupidest question I've read on these boards in a couple of months.

Well done mate!
Old May 26th 2008, 3:28 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I congratulate you on the stupidest question I've read on these boards in a couple of months.

Well done mate!
I thought it you said it
Old May 26th 2008, 3:33 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I thought it you said it
I'm so mean. I'll try to give diamond-brite MOHDSAF here the answer he wants.

- It's EASY. You just phone a random number in the Yellow Pages and ask for a job. They give you one, and now you're free to emigrate.

- At the port of entry, they swear you in as a US Citizen, unless you're a really, really bad person, in which case you only get a Green Card.

- If you failed to find a job in the Yellow Pages (for example, if you're not able to work out how to dial an international number from the UK) then they have a huge room full of blue-chip multinational corporation executives who are on standby to give new immigrants a senior executive job if they've forgotten to pack one in their hand-luggage.

- In answer to your second question, I'm afraid the news isn't so good. I've been racking my brains for the last few months, and I just can't think of any Multinational Companies in the US. I'm sorry, MOSDEF, I guess we just don't have'em here. You may want to try Dubai.
Old May 26th 2008, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Subway is multinational and the one by me is always advertising for sandwich artists, no experience needed. Can't imagine it's very hard to get a job with them. Is that what you're looking for?
Old May 26th 2008, 5:49 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Subway is multinational and the one by me is always advertising for sandwich artists, no experience needed. Can't imagine it's very hard to get a job with them. Is that what you're looking for?
Probably better of with Quiznos
Old May 26th 2008, 5:57 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Perhaps if you had worded your question better, (as you did here) then you may have got a better response.

Your question is too general, how "easy" or "hard" it is depends on many, many factors, including but not limited to, work experience, qualifications, immigration status, your location etc, etc. Suggest you take the time to search and read the threads about employment that have been posted over the years, as you will then get a better idea.
Old May 26th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Very difficult.

Yes, there are a couple.
Old May 26th 2008, 7:20 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 26th 2008, 7:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the job and getting the visa to accept the job are separate issues you've got to consider.

What sector are you looking at? Location? Level of experience/education? Family situation?

Read the wiki up top to get a gist of the ways in, then look at trying to find a job...