Reload this Page >

how difficult

Wikiposts

how difficult

Old Jul 24th 2005, 5:37 am
Just Joined

cove61 will become famous soon enough
Default how difficult

can i ask is it really hard to Get a visa (sorry if you think i stupid) we are looking to move one my hubby finishes uni (he worked 13 years as an electrician, now doing a masters in engineering) we are just starting out this journey, and are really not sure where to look and what to do first. any help gratefully received
Old Jul 24th 2005, 5:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how difficult

Originally Posted by cove61
can i ask is it really hard to Get a visa (sorry if you think i stupid) we are looking to move one my hubby finishes uni (he worked 13 years as an electrician, now doing a masters in engineering) we are just starting out this journey, and are really not sure where to look and what to do first. any help gratefully received
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315640

Very

I see you are looking at Canada which may be a better option.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 5:54 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Get a secured card from Bank of America. Put about $300 - $500 down on it and never use over half your sercured amount on it per month.

E.g., if you put $300 down on the card, never go over $150 in a month.

When the bill comes in, pay it straight away.

Do this for 6 + months and you'll soon get credit and be able to apply for a Visa elsewhere. BofA will even offer you one of theirs once you reach good credit.

Shop around though for the ones with best interest rates and 6 month deals.

NEVER use a company that claim they can give you good credit. Always stick with known banks else you'll only get ripped off.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:01 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Get a secured card from Bank of America. Put about $300 - $500 down on it and never use over half your sercured amount on it per month.

E.g., if you put $300 down on the card, never go over $150 in a month.

When the bill comes in, pay it straight away.

Do this for 6 + months and you'll soon get credit and be able to apply for a Visa elsewhere. BofA will even offer you one of theirs once you reach good credit.

Shop around though for the ones with best interest rates and 6 month deals.

NEVER use a company that claim they can give you good credit. Always stick with known banks else you'll only get ripped off.

Rince, are you still celebrating from the job offer?

re-read the post mate!
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

re-read the post mate!
I think Rince did, but what about a Masterrcard?

Or American Express.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:04 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I think Rince did, but what about a Masterrcard?

Or American Express.

or even discover, but i've heard they are a bit shit
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:11 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

or even discover, but i've heard they are a bit shit

Discover are fine:

Bonuses
1/ Higher limits for young credit, easy to negotiate low interest
2/ Free and competitive cashback
3/ Pleasant cust. serv. reps. in my experience

Issues
1/ Recently gone to bed with the evil Wally World
2/ Do their own in-house collections rather than farm out and are supposedly total sh*ts
3/ Less likely to be accepted at mom and pop stores
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:17 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Plus:
Attached Thumbnails how difficult-card_unitedkingdomflag_lg.gif  
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:17 am
Just Joined

cove61 will become famous soon enough

I made a mistake sorry i was talking about a green card so that you can work in the US not a credit card, think it went a bit wrong half way along the line what i meant was is it difficult to get a green card on 13 years experiance and a masters degree??
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:20 am
Septicity

I made a mistake sorry i was talking about a green card so that you can work in the US not a credit card, think it went a bit wrong half way along the line what i meant was is it difficult to get a green card on 13 years experiance and a masters degree??

Don't worry! We're raggin' a little. Trouble is we get this question a lot.

The easier places to emigrate to are: Evropa, Canada, NZ and OZ.

Have you read the Pulaski guide? Which method are you choosing?
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:34 am
Account Closed

My link answered your question, everything else is a piss take.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:59 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Well my husband got one with 12 years and no masters degree.....that was over 5 years ago......
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by krizzy
Well my husband got one with 12 years and no masters degree.....that was over 5 years ago......
You can still get an H1 visa with 12 years experience and no degree...the hard part is convincing an employer to sponsor you...
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:30 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

re-read the post mate!
PMSL!!!!

I would have tried to get out of that by saying I was trying to be funny......but I'll pass and just appear the fool that I am

LOL!!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:05 am
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by rincewind
PMSL!!!!

I would have tried to get out of that by saying I was trying to be funny......but I'll pass and just appear the fool that I am

LOL!!!!!
oh shite, are you saying you genuinely did misread it?

I felt like a fool for my post, just after I made it I was convinced you were taking the piss!

too much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.