British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   How close are these airports? ISP and EWR (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/how-close-these-airports-isp-ewr-523644/)

AmerLisa Mar 22nd 2008 6:34 pm

How close are these airports? ISP and EWR

I'm trying to book travel and flying from EWR.....but I have to get there from Seattle, so thinking of flying on Southwest and they only fly into ISP (Long Island) how far away is that?

Elvira Mar 22nd 2008 6:37 pm

Re: How close are these airports? ISP and EWR

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 6097657)
I'm trying to book travel and flying from EWR.....but I have to get there from Seattle, so thinking of flying on Southwest and they only fly into ISP (Long Island) how far away is that?

Are you sure it won't be the same cost or even cheaper if you book the whole trip direct with the airline?

Also the risk of missing your flight from EWR and losing your $$$ if Southwest are late (happens sometimes...).

Which airline is the flight from EWR and where are you flying to?

AmerLisa Mar 22nd 2008 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 6097662)
Are you sure it won't be the same cost or even cheaper if you book the whole trip direct with the airline?

Which airline is the flight from EWR and where are you flying to?

I'm being creative.....

Flying from EWR to Dusseldorf......

Lufthansa and we'd fly the day before and leave the day after

meauxna Mar 22nd 2008 6:38 pm

Do it on google maps/directions and you can see it (pretty!). They say 72.9 mi – about 1 hour 34 mins. up to 2 hours 0 mins in traffic.
There's just this one big city in the way... :eek:

Elvira Mar 22nd 2008 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 6097665)
I'm being creative.....

Flying from EWR to Dusseldorf......

Which airline - United or Lufthansa? Both are part of star alliance...

Just seen your edit: If it's Lufthansa, you can book the Seattle EWR leg with Lufthansa and you'll probably fly United

AmerLisa Mar 22nd 2008 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 6097667)
There's just this one big city in the way... :eek:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell my husband!:rofl: Something about this being a holiday and Lisa's Holiday Adventures......:o:o:D

AmerLisa Mar 22nd 2008 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 6097668)
Which airline - United or Lufthansa? Both are part of star alliance...

Just seen your edit: If it's Lufthansa, you can book the Seattle EWR leg with Lufthansa and you'll probably fly United

Mmmm, yes, but then it would cost quite a bit more.....where I can book Lufthansa now and book the other next month.....

meauxna Mar 22nd 2008 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 6097671)
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell my husband!:rofl: Something about this being a holiday and Lisa's Holiday Adventures......:o:o:D

lol----btw, love your new avatar; it makes sense with your good news posted yesterday! Congratulations. :)

meauxna Mar 22nd 2008 6:44 pm

NWA is starting a new nonstop Portland-->Amsterdam; it is tempting me a LOT.

Lisa, what's the JetBlue situation up there?

Patrick Hasler Mar 22nd 2008 6:47 pm

Good luck because it all depends on what time you are going to EWR. At about 3.00am it could take you an hour and a half, in the daytime it could take half a day. I have tried so many times but I can never tell anyone what time I will arrive anywhere that involves crossing the hudson.

I do know that the Seatle to NYC flight will be more than the transatlantic crossing. Didn't know you were German :confused:

AmerLisa Mar 22nd 2008 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 6097682)
lol----btw, love your new avatar; it makes sense with your good news posted yesterday! Congratulations. :)

:blink::blink::confused:

AmerLisa Mar 22nd 2008 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler (Post 6097686)
Good luck because it all depends on what time you are going to EWR. At about 3.00am it could take you an hour and a half, in the daytime it could take half a day. I have tried so many times but I can never tell anyone what time I will arrive anywhere that involves crossing the hudson.

I do know that the Seatle to NYC flight will be more than the transatlantic crossing. Didn't know you were German :confused:

I can be French too.....:rofl: I'm all about cheap flights.....:o

Don't know if my husband would let me fly him to Long Island and then try and get over to Newark.....I'm thinking it might involve serious repercussions! :ohmy: Just looked at the Google map and while going wouldn't be an issue, its coming back when we're tired, cranky and dealing with a child who is the same.....:eek:

AmerLisa Mar 22nd 2008 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 6097683)
NWA is starting a new nonstop Portland-->Amsterdam; it is tempting me a LOT.

Lisa, what's the JetBlue situation up there?

Hmmm.....JetBlue, haven't heard of them....shall have a look though. I'd fly from Portland to Amsterdam, if it was in my budget. Lufthansa is also starting up a direct flight from Seattle to Frankfurt (I think) but its still not in my current budget. :frown:

Patrick Hasler Mar 22nd 2008 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 6097691)
I can be French too.....:rofl: I'm all about cheap flights.....:o

Don't know if my husband would let me fly him to Long Island and then try and get over to Newark.....I'm thinking it might involve serious repercussions! :ohmy: Just looked at the Google map and while going wouldn't be an issue, its coming back when we're tired, cranky and dealing with a child who is the same.....:eek:

A very good friend of mine ........ NO! a very good 'Cheap skate' friend of mine insisted on fyling Lufthansa from LHR to NYC via Frankfurt (basically because his dad was a german), it cost him one third more and took 7 hours longer than on Virgin :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Next time he came he flew Virgin ;)

meauxna Mar 22nd 2008 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 6097688)
:blink::blink::confused:

nevermind, complete brain fart! :ohmy:
(wrong lisa! sorry!)