Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How close are these airports? ISP and EWR

How close are these airports? ISP and EWR

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default How close are these airports? ISP and EWR

I'm trying to book travel and flying from EWR.....but I have to get there from Seattle, so thinking of flying on Southwest and they only fly into ISP (Long Island) how far away is that?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:37 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How close are these airports? ISP and EWR

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I'm trying to book travel and flying from EWR.....but I have to get there from Seattle, so thinking of flying on Southwest and they only fly into ISP (Long Island) how far away is that?
Are you sure it won't be the same cost or even cheaper if you book the whole trip direct with the airline?

Also the risk of missing your flight from EWR and losing your $$$ if Southwest are late (happens sometimes...).

Which airline is the flight from EWR and where are you flying to?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Are you sure it won't be the same cost or even cheaper if you book the whole trip direct with the airline?

Which airline is the flight from EWR and where are you flying to?
I'm being creative.....

Flying from EWR to Dusseldorf......

Lufthansa and we'd fly the day before and leave the day after
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Do it on google maps/directions and you can see it (pretty!). They say 72.9 mi – about 1 hour 34 mins. up to 2 hours 0 mins in traffic.
There's just this one big city in the way...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:38 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I'm being creative.....

Flying from EWR to Dusseldorf......
Which airline - United or Lufthansa? Both are part of star alliance...

Just seen your edit: If it's Lufthansa, you can book the Seattle EWR leg with Lufthansa and you'll probably fly United
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by meauxna
There's just this one big city in the way...
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell my husband! Something about this being a holiday and Lisa's Holiday Adventures......
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Elvira
Which airline - United or Lufthansa? Both are part of star alliance...

Just seen your edit: If it's Lufthansa, you can book the Seattle EWR leg with Lufthansa and you'll probably fly United
Mmmm, yes, but then it would cost quite a bit more.....where I can book Lufthansa now and book the other next month.....
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell my husband! Something about this being a holiday and Lisa's Holiday Adventures......
lol----btw, love your new avatar; it makes sense with your good news posted yesterday! Congratulations.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:44 pm

NWA is starting a new nonstop Portland-->Amsterdam; it is tempting me a LOT.

Lisa, what's the JetBlue situation up there?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck because it all depends on what time you are going to EWR. At about 3.00am it could take you an hour and a half, in the daytime it could take half a day. I have tried so many times but I can never tell anyone what time I will arrive anywhere that involves crossing the hudson.

I do know that the Seatle to NYC flight will be more than the transatlantic crossing. Didn't know you were German
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lol----btw, love your new avatar; it makes sense with your good news posted yesterday! Congratulations.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Good luck because it all depends on what time you are going to EWR. At about 3.00am it could take you an hour and a half, in the daytime it could take half a day. I have tried so many times but I can never tell anyone what time I will arrive anywhere that involves crossing the hudson.

I do know that the Seatle to NYC flight will be more than the transatlantic crossing. Didn't know you were German
I can be French too..... I'm all about cheap flights.....

Don't know if my husband would let me fly him to Long Island and then try and get over to Newark.....I'm thinking it might involve serious repercussions! Just looked at the Google map and while going wouldn't be an issue, its coming back when we're tired, cranky and dealing with a child who is the same.....
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

NWA is starting a new nonstop Portland-->Amsterdam; it is tempting me a LOT.

Lisa, what's the JetBlue situation up there?
Hmmm.....JetBlue, haven't heard of them....shall have a look though. I'd fly from Portland to Amsterdam, if it was in my budget. Lufthansa is also starting up a direct flight from Seattle to Frankfurt (I think) but its still not in my current budget.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I can be French too..... I'm all about cheap flights.....

Don't know if my husband would let me fly him to Long Island and then try and get over to Newark.....I'm thinking it might involve serious repercussions! Just looked at the Google map and while going wouldn't be an issue, its coming back when we're tired, cranky and dealing with a child who is the same.....
A very good friend of mine ........ NO! a very good 'Cheap skate' friend of mine insisted on fyling Lufthansa from LHR to NYC via Frankfurt (basically because his dad was a german), it cost him one third more and took 7 hours longer than on Virgin

Next time he came he flew Virgin
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:56 pm

nevermind, complete brain fart!
(wrong lisa! sorry!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.