Reload this Page >

how can i move to usa?

how can i move to usa?

Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

waz1231 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how can i move to usa?

Hi guys,

I am 23 years old, i have a degree in business and human resources. i also work as a football/soccer coach. i am looking to move to the usa with my girlfriend (we are looking to get married either here or in usa, which would be easier to suit our move?) what do i need to know and do before i can make the move? i have read a little about requiring a green card, is this correct?

Many thanks

waz
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how can i move to usa?

Is your girlfriend a US citizen?

Read the wiki: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski's_Ways:_How_to_Live_and_Work_in_the_USA

If you think you fit into one of the categories listed, come back with more specific questions. If you don't fit into one of the categories, odds are you will not be moving to the US.

Last edited by discoviking; Oct 13th 2009 at 10:19 am.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:36 am
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by waz1231
Hi guys,

I am 23 years old, i have a degree in business and human resources. i also work as a football/soccer coach. i am looking to move to the usa with my girlfriend (we are looking to get married either here or in usa, which would be easier to suit our move?) what do i need to know and do before i can make the move? i have read a little about requiring a green card, is this correct?

Many thanks

waz
Are you english, do you feel you have something many in America do not have to offer an employer??
If not married then both would have to apply as individuals, she may not have anything to offer??
You will need to do a lot more research before asking questions,
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:42 am
Just Joined

we are both uk citizens. My coaching qualifications do stand out for me. How would i need to go about applying to move their and for jobs? Is there any reliable job agencies i could contact?

Thanks
Waz
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:48 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

we are both uk citizens. My coaching qualifications do stand out for me. How would i need to go about applying to move their and for jobs? Is there any reliable job agencies i could contact?

Thanks
Waz
Scroll up a bit. Tiny bit more.

There.

Did you read the contents of that link?

Them's pretty much your various chances of getting over here - or not, as the case may be.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Scott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond repute

The link you should follow has already been posted.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

My coaching qualifications do stand out for me.
You might think they do, but they really don't unless you are already in the industry and know people here who are high enough up at a club to try and get you over.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Summer camp soccer coach: H3 visa
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Hi how did u work that out that i need h3 visa? how could i make that more of a permanent visa?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi how did u work that out that i need h3 visa? how could i make that more of a permanent visa?
1. I didn't. I just happen to be aware of the visa which is used by summer camp soccer coaches. More than one visa can currently be obtained. ie One can coach for more than one summer/episode.

2. Right now, you cant. Maybe in 10+ years if your wanted skills are exceptional.

3. My advice to you is to both learn a little patience and attempt to comprehend that right now you have NO chance of getting an immigrant visa.

4. Please read (or re-read) the link you were given above. Then, if you are serious about moving, start working on your long-term plan.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i have a degree in business and human resources.
So do many tens of thousands of US citizens who are currently out of work. When they go to a job interview, they don't need to ask for visa sponsorship... and so immediately have a leg up on anything you might be able to offer.

i also work as a football/soccer coach.
If you're eligible to coach at a university level, you *might* qualify for some sort of visa... but you'd need to have excellent credentials. Working as a coach isn't the same as being NSCAA certified - so don't expect anything to happen there.

what do i need to know and do before i can make the move?
What do you need to know? To be honest, you need to know that getting a job in the US is easy compared to qualifying for a visa that'll get you to the US so you can work at that job. Jobs = easy. Visa = hard. No visa... no job... no move. It's that simple.

Ian
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly are your qualifications? Like what coaching qualifications and other work related certifications do you have?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:56 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Incredibly, she worked it out like you would, by reading the frickin' link that was posted earlier!

You have read it, right?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Incredibly, she worked it out like you would, by reading the frickin' link that was posted earlier!

You have read it, right?
Sometimes I think you people expect miracles
Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:01 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
...If you're eligible to coach at a university level, you *might* qualify for some sort of visa... but you'd need to have excellent credentials. Working as a coach isn't the same as being NSCAA certified - so don't expect anything to happen there....
Not strictly true. In girls-soccer-mad North Texas about 75% of the kid's soccer coaches I meet (and there are many hundreds of them) are foreign and came over on H3 or H1B visas, depending on their previous qualifications and experience. Of the many 18-25 year old coaches, a fair number get initial sponsorship from the club they'll be teaching for (they're all linked to the big European clubs, and use their names). Once here, a fair few find a local big-hair cheerleader type to marry... for love, of course, and not for a green card at all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.