British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   How can i get medi-cal? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/how-can-i-get-medi-cal-256170/)

kevin_nash Sep 23rd 2004 3:12 am

How can i get medi-cal?

Medi-cal is medicaid of state of california. I am 20 years old, can i get medi-cal?

USA & Pakistan Sep 23rd 2004 5:18 am

Re: How can i get medi-cal?

Originally Posted by kevin_nash
Medi-cal is medicaid of state of california. I am 20 years old, can i get medi-cal?

Gee, it's so hard to figure out why your wife left.

Anonymous Sep 23rd 2004 8:02 am

kevin_nash wrote:
    > Medi-cal is medicaid of state of california. I am 20 years old, can i
    > get medi-cal?

Do you meet the eligibility requirements?

USA & Pakistan Sep 24th 2004 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Anonymous
kevin_nash wrote:
    > Medi-cal is medicaid of state of california. I am 20 years old, can i
    > get medi-cal?

Do you meet the eligibility requirements?

See his previous posts...

SecretGarden Sep 24th 2004 12:48 am

Originally Posted by kevin_nash

FFS, Kevin. I don't want you to think I'm rude, but if you have the where-with-all to ask the question on this forum, use your flippin' search engine and research the information you want. What you're asking has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with marriage based visas other than the fact that you aren't married anymore.

First you want to know how to hold her to the affidavit of support, then you want to know what happens if you wrack up bad debt---does she have to pay it back? then you want to know what happens if you apply for student loans----is she responsible for that?

Quit being a damn sponge and do something for yourself. You'll be stronger for it. And before you lambast me for being judgemental toward an alien in the US, plenty of my USC friends have no health insurance offered by employers, haven't been able to find jobs in their trained field, and have taken cuts in pay beyond what you would ever make in a year anyway. It's tough all over. Get over it, quit asking us to help you get a hand out, deal effectively with the life you have created for yourself. Other people do every day.

~SecretGarden

USA & Pakistan Sep 24th 2004 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
FFS, Kevin. I don't want you to think I'm rude, but if you have the where-with-all to ask the question on this forum, use your flippin' search engine and research the information you want. What you're asking has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with marriage based visas other than the fact that you aren't married anymore.

First you want to know how to hold her to the affidavit of support, then you want to know what happens if you wrack up bad debt---does she have to pay it back? then you want to know what happens if you apply for student loans----is she responsible for that?

Quit being a damn sponge and do something for yourself. You'll be stronger for it. And before you lambast me for being judgemental toward an alien in the US, plenty of my USC friends have no health insurance offered by employers, haven't been able to find jobs in their trained field, and have taken cuts in pay beyond what you would ever make in a year anyway. It's tough all over. Get over it, quit asking us to help you get a hand out, deal effectively with the life you have created for yourself. Other people do every day.

~SecretGarden

My thoughts exactly!

CaliforniaBride Sep 24th 2004 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by SecretGarden

~SecretGarden

Hi SecretGarden

Haven't seen you around for a while. Read your post and had to scroll back up to see who'd written it. Brilliant, succint. Have a karma!