Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hotels in Sicklervile & Deptford NJ?

Hotels in Sicklervile & Deptford NJ?

Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Hotels in Sicklervile & Deptford NJ?

We have been invited to a wedding in New Jersey next month. Anyone got any ideas for cheapish hotels in the areas around Sicklerville & Deptford NJ?

Thanks.

Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotels in Sicklervile & Deptford NJ?

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
We have been invited to a wedding in New Jersey next month. Anyone got any ideas for cheapish hotels in the areas around Sicklerville & Deptford NJ?

Thanks.

Not sure where that is but do not go to one of those 'rooms by the hour' places.

A lot of the hotel chains have now opened new, cheap and cheerful hotels. ie Hilton, Hamilton Inns, Days Inns, Marriot Residence Inns...take a look at their websites...they are everywhere.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hotwire.com

granted you don't get told where you're staying before you book it, but generally it's cheap as chips and twice now, out of 5 times I have booked with them I've received a suite.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Hotels in Sicklervile & Deptford NJ?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not sure where that is but do not go to one of those 'rooms by the hour' places.

A lot of the hotel chains have now opened new, cheap and cheerful hotels. ie Hilton, Hamilton Inns, Days Inns, Marriot Residence Inns...take a look at their websites...they are everywhere.
Those LOVE Hotels? I was so looking forward to slumming it too LOL. :scared:
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Smile Re: Hotels in Sicklervile & Deptford NJ?

Originally Posted by Manc
Hotwire.com

granted you don't get told where you're staying before you book it, but generally it's cheap as chips and twice now, out of 5 times I have booked with them I've received a suite.
Thanks for the tip buddy
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I've been through Deptford a few times and would stick with the well known hotel chains. My husband took my son to play soccer in Deptford last year and got bad food poisoning from a diner there.

I was browsing either Hotwire.com or Kayak.com and wanted to find out which were the best hotels in my local area. OMG one of the hotels recommended was a motel on Route 1 which is well known in the area for renting out rooms by the hour and for drug dealing. According to the website it was a family run motel in a nice location not far from Princeton.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mandpete
I've been through Deptford a few times and would stick with the well known hotel chains. My husband took my son to play soccer in Deptford last year and got bad food poisoning from a diner there.

I was browsing either Hotwire.com or Kayak.com and wanted to find out which were the best hotels in my local area. OMG one of the hotels recommended was a motel on Route 1 which is well known in the area for renting out rooms by the hour and for drug dealing. According to the website it was a family run motel in a nice location not far from Princeton.
I don't think we will be staying their then, Whats the name of the place so I don't accidentally book it?

Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I could never stay in any hotel ina town called 'Sliklerville' and even 'Deptford' sound shady
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I could never stay in any hotel ina town called 'Sliklerville' and even 'Deptford' sound shady
I have never been to Sicklerville, but my wife lived in Deptford for a while. Its so long ago though that she has no idea what the hotel situation is like now.