Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hotels Chapel Hill NC

Hotels Chapel Hill NC

Old Apr 27th 2007, 1:02 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hotels Chapel Hill NC

What is the chapel hill NC area like for hotels? is there a good choice or would I be better getting a hotel in Durham and traveling into chapel hill.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all
Default Re: Hotels Chapel Hill NC

Originally Posted by candy wy.
What is the chapel hill NC area like for hotels? is there a good choice or would I be better getting a hotel in Durham and traveling into chapel hill.
The only one I've stayed in in the area is the Millennium in Durham, which was perfectly fine, nothing remarkable. But work were paying so I don't remember the cost. The Washington Duke is the really big, posh expensive one in Durham where all the big wigs stay. There are lots of the standard hotels in the area like Quality Suites, Comfort Inn etc. too.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 3:15 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goodacre
The only one I've stayed in in the area is the Millennium in Durham, which was perfectly fine, nothing remarkable. But work were paying so I don't remember the cost. The Washington Duke is the really big, posh expensive one in Durham where all the big wigs stay. There are lots of the standard hotels in the area like Quality Suites, Comfort Inn etc. too.
what distance is it to chapel hill? dont want really big posh ones something comfortable is fine. around the $100 a night.
</IMG>
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Originally Posted by candy wy.
what distance is it to chapel hill? dont want really big posh ones something comfortable is fine. around the $100 a night.
</IMG>
Depending where precisely, Chapel Hill is 10-15 minutes drive from Durham, so probably a $25 or so taxi fare. Millennium is probably in the $100-$200 range, see http://www.millenniumhotels.com . I've stayed in a few hotels further down the road in Raleigh. When we moved to the USA, we stayed in Quality Suites for nearly a month and were pretty pleased, a suite with free breakfast, managers reception in the evening and stuff, all much less than $100 a night for four of us. I'd guess you could find something comparable in Chapel Hill, which is quite a nice area. Sorry I'm not more knowledgeable on that one specifically.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

davyrowland is just really nicedavyrowland is just really nicedavyrowland is just really nicedavyrowland is just really nicedavyrowland is just really nicedavyrowland is just really nicedavyrowland is just really nicedavyrowland is just really nice
Wink Re: Hotels Chapel Hill NC

Durham has a bit of a bad reputation for crime in the area, so if possible stay in Chaple Hill...... its a nice place.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:00 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davyrowland
Durham has a bit of a bad reputation for crime in the area, so if possible stay in Chaple Hill...... its a nice place.
The reputation is unfounded. I live and work in Durham and there are areas of Durham that have the majority of crime (you can look it up on the Durham Police Department website). Like any town or city of a sizeable population, there's areas that have crime.

The same is true for Chapel Hill and Raleigh.

PS: before I began working, I rode on the buses (my mode of transport before getting a driving license) around the Durham and Chapel Hill area. Some of the routes were through the bad parts of town...