Reload this Page >

Hotel advice in Chicago - help

Hotel advice in Chicago - help

Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sasoozie will become famous soon enoughSasoozie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hotel advice in Chicago - help

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
I'm planning a trip to Chicago with the missus in March and was wondering if any of you good folk can recommend anywhere from experience. I know all the sites to search for reviews, but I also know we're all fussy gits here, so if you don't like it I probably won't.

We're not planning on driving anywhere - looking for somewhere in the price range of say $100 - $150 a night room, near the main shopping/tourist areas, which I believe may be in the north shore area?

Ta chappies and chappettes!
Last time I stayed at Cass Hotel it's does what is says on the tin, clean room, great price I think it was $69 a night, it's one block back from Michigan ave, right in the center of the city.

I use Trip Advisor for up to date reviews.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:52 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Hyatt Regency, 4*

Been seen as low as $50 booked with Priceline

That's a great deal!

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...biddingchicago
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:56 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express

Courtyard By Marriott (Known To Offer Some Decent Packages)
Just don't tell them you belong to BE
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:38 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maggs
Hi

We stayed at the Chicago Swissotel on North Wacker Drive. It was $170 a night I think, and I know you said $150 max, but it was very, very nice. Our room had a lakeshore view looking down towards the aquarium and planetarium and millenium park. There were rooms that looked directly onto Navy pier, the lake and the river, but we couldn't get one of those. There is a top floor swimming pool with jacuzzi and fitness centre.

Have a look at this website for things to do in Chicago.

http://www.metromix.chicagotribune.com/

You should find some nice places to eat/visit.

If you like small blues clubs, try Blue Chicago

Http://bluechicago.com/

Have a great visit.

Maggie
Cool thanks - if it's as good as you say it would be worth the extra bit. I'll check out the other links - cheers.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed at the Amalfi Hotel a couple of years ago during a business trip. The building consists of hotel rooms for the first few floors, and businesses for the remaining floors - the company I was visiting was in the same building.

I would highly recommend it. The hotel is pretty modern, so everything is in nice condition still. If I remember correctly, you get a DVD player in your room. And they provide a nice breakfast buffet which they set out by the elevators on each floor - just creep out of your room, grab some pastries, coffee and juice, and head back to your room.

And I believe this place is in your price range. http://www.amalfihotelchicago.com

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
Cool thanks - if it's as good as you say it would be worth the extra bit. I'll check out the other links - cheers.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 1:27 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevntrace
I stayed at the Amalfi Hotel a couple of years ago during a business trip. The building consists of hotel rooms for the first few floors, and businesses for the remaining floors - the company I was visiting was in the same building.

I would highly recommend it. The hotel is pretty modern, so everything is in nice condition still. If I remember correctly, you get a DVD player in your room. And they provide a nice breakfast buffet which they set out by the elevators on each floor - just creep out of your room, grab some pastries, coffee and juice, and head back to your room.

And I believe this place is in your price range. http://www.amalfihotelchicago.com
Again, super advice, thanks.