Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hot Fuzz Movie out today

Hot Fuzz Movie out today

Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:36 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot Fuzz Movie out today

well it rained so we went last night. I've never laughed so much . Huge screen, 14 people there . I will never look at Timothy Daltons Bond the same way again, nor my time spent growing up in a small Gloucestershire Village
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:06 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
I'm ashamed to say I didn't make it this weekend either, but will be going this coming weekend as the forecast is for some rain. Still number 6 at the box office ain't bad.
The thing that has Hollywood buzzing is while #6 in the box office, the 'per theater' take was #1 out of all films last week by a huge margin (approx $7,000 per theater). With a limited roll out of about 900 theathers (compared to 3,000-4,000 for blockbusters) it's done rather well.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

tonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of light

Babysitter booked, planning on seeing it Thursday night, absolutely loved sotd.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyghiggins
Babysitter booked, planning on seeing it Thursday night, absolutely loved sotd.
I keep checking the cinemas but nowhere in a 30 mile radius is showing it.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

tonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of light

Century 16 is just up the road for me thankfully

http://www.fandango.com/94086_movietheatershowtimes
Old Apr 28th 2007, 5:28 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Hot Fuzz Movie out today

Went to see it last night at the AMC in 42nd St, NYC.

I'd *love* to know which town they filmed it in, it must surely be somewhere in the Cotswolds, perhaps around Tetbury, Cirencester or Stroud? (I spotted a National Trust Shop and signs for a castle....wonder if it was Sudeley where Liz Hurley recently got married?). **

It made me homesick to see all the beautiful hanging baskets, flowers and the ancient water fountain in the market square...

We really enjoyed the film, it was nuts! The American guy sitting next to me was giggling all the way through, as did much of the audience, although there was one comment from the policewoman about 'gobbling' where Pete and I burst out laughing but the audience just didn't get. However she went on to mention 'girl on girl action' which they all laughed at!

I still preferred 'Shaun of the Dead' though....

**Edit - 'Hot Fuzz' was filmed in Wells, Somerset. My husband Pete ought to have known, he grew up in the West Country (Bristol)...

http://www.enjoyengland.com/ideas/he...locations.aspx

Last edited by Englishmum; Apr 28th 2007 at 5:32 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 6:05 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
**Edit - 'Hot Fuzz' was filmed in Wells, Somerset. My husband Pete ought to have known, he grew up in the West Country (Bristol)...

http://www.enjoyengland.com/ideas/he...locations.aspx
sad to say we actually stayed til the end of the credits just to see where it was filmed
Old Apr 28th 2007, 6:16 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it last night too and enjoyed it.

What did the ginger nut kid near the end say his name was? I couldn't catch it, but got the impression it was supposed to be funny. Anyone know what??
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:24 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake

What did the ginger nut kid near the end say his name was? I couldn't catch it, but got the impression it was supposed to be funny. Anyone know what??
Aaron A. Aaronson

There was a reference to him and the telephone directory earlier in the film
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:02 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Hot Fuzz Movie out today

Hey - did you see some of the trailers before 'Hot Fuzz' started?

I saw one called "28 Weeks" which is a sequel to "28 Days" - but I don't think I'll go and see it as I wasn't overwhelmed by '28 Days'.

There was another trailer for a film (I can't remember the title!) which seemed to be based in the 60s and a young artistic Brit goes to live in the States (New York). It appears that many of his peers get drafted into going to Vietnam and he's doing a Pollack-type artistic creation and I got the impression that a lot of people are on LSD and have hallucinations. Well I think that's the gist of the film!

However, there is another British comedy which is being released here in late June "Death At A Funeral"....at first I thought it was another Richard Curtis screenplay as I recognised actors from 'Love Actually' in it, but it also stars Jane Asher, Ewan Bremner (Spud from Trainspotting), Matthew MacFadyen and Rupert Graves.

It looks like a lot of fun for a Summer evening. Here's the trailer:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=14998

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809715047/info
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:19 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by Englishmum
However, there is another British comedy which is being released here in late June "Death At A Funeral"....at first I thought it was another Richard Curtis screenplay as I recognised actors from 'Love Actually' in it, but it also stars Jane Asher, Ewan Bremner (Spud from Trainspotting), Matthew MacFadyen and Rupert Graves.

yeah that looked like it could go either way though
We had a preview for the next Simopn Pegg film 'Run, Fat Boy, Run' looks like it could be good too
Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:51 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake

Yeah - I mean no
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:31 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Was kind of disappointed by this as I was expecting it to be very good.
Thought it was average at best.
It was interesting that in the cinema I just watched it in most Yanks laughed hysterically at bits that I didn't think were meant to be that funny
I wonder what they would have done if they weren't aware that it was a comedy flick before they went in.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:50 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I went to see it today and we both loved it. Every bit as funny as I thought it would be.

I had to laugh at the list of words by the police station swear box. The word F*@k was asterisked out like that but the C word was spelled out in all its glory.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:01 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter went to see it last week and hated it....maybe she is becoming too American....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.