Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Horse transport from UK to Florida and recomendation of Dog Transportation companies

Horse transport from UK to Florida and recomendation of Dog Transportation companies

Old Mar 9th 2017, 5:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horse transport from UK to Florida and recomendation of Dog Transportation compan

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
My daughter rides horses here - it's a very "precious" sport. Expensive and very competitive in all kinds of ways. My daughter doesn't have her own horse and it took us almost 2 years to find a stable for lessons/half lease that didn't want her to commit to competitive riding with costs of at least $1k a month. She just wants to ride.
Blimey. Glad I don't live there, no way we'd be able to afford a pony! My daughter is the same, just loves riding but isn't fussed about what level she does it to.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

jellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horse transport from UK to Florida and recomendation of Dog Transportation compan

Originally Posted by RCMUM21
Thank you again for all your responses. After reading up on keeping horses in Florida, we have decided not to bring the pony. I am just not sure she will cope with the heat, the long flight and 30 day quarantine.
Only 15 days quarantine just while they do the cem testing. If you find a cem facility nearby they often let you visit. If you plan on South Florida then flying to Miami would have been the better option, JFK for North and haul. Its not for everyone but they handle it all amazingly well.

To be honest though if your daughter is currently on a smaller pony and looking to move up in the not too distant future, I would sell rather than ship over. The cost to ship over then sell on later isn't worthwhile.

Good luck with the move, hope all goes well
Old Mar 13th 2017, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember but are you the poster headed to Lakewood Ranch? I could ask the wife if she can recommend some reliable peeps with regards to equine purchases if you like? Pity that she's not long relinquished ownership of her geegee, although I'm not sure that you're in the market for a roper/barrel racer!!!
Old Mar 13th 2017, 7:22 am
Just Joined

RCMUM21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zzrmark
I can't remember but are you the poster headed to Lakewood Ranch? I could ask the wife if she can recommend some reliable peeps with regards to equine purchases if you like? Pity that she's not long relinquished ownership of her geegee, although I'm not sure that you're in the market for a roper/barrel racer!!!
Yes we are heading to Lakewood Ranch. Do you live in that area? I mainly do hunter Jumpers but there is so much to learn about the differences in keeping horses in Florida!
Old Mar 13th 2017, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RCMUM21
Yes we are heading to Lakewood Ranch. Do you live in that area? I mainly do hunter Jumpers but there is so much to learn about the differences in keeping horses in Florida!
We're halfway between the 'haves' in LR and the 'have nots' in Bradenton.
My wife is the horse expert in our family, I don't trust transport that thinks for itself! 😉