Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hoping to take my Ohio driving test tomorrow

Hoping to take my Ohio driving test tomorrow

Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:02 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoping to take my Ohio driving test tomorrow

It was easier getting my Michigan license coming from the UK

than it was getting my Ohio license coming from Michigan.

at least I had a green card and they gave me the full 4 year jobby.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
It was easier getting my Michigan license coming from the UK

than it was getting my Ohio license coming from Michigan.

at least I had a green card and they gave me the full 4 year jobby.
That's because Ohioans know that all Michigan drivers are terrible!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:46 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
That's because Ohioans know that all Michigan drivers are terrible!
no it's because the BMV is run like a tin pot outfit with employees having 3 brain cells between them
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

no it's because the BMV is run like a tin pot outfit with employees having 3 brain cells between them
Well that too ...
Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:46 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

as much as 3????

we had issues when we renewed our licences last year as they were only going to give us a 1 year renewal. I had to explain to them that it should be 4 as we had AOS filed and gave them the paperwork. Still took a call to Columbus to get it confirmed as they didn't appear to believe me
Old Mar 1st 2009, 3:50 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Paul S
as much as 3????

we had issues when we renewed our licences last year as they were only going to give us a 1 year renewal. I had to explain to them that it should be 4 as we had AOS filed and gave them the paperwork. Still took a call to Columbus to get it confirmed as they didn't appear to believe me
I had a Michigan license, a CDL, I went along, they made me sit another written test on a computer touchscreen....... why for? do they not trust other states to ensure you can pass a multi choice test??

I looked online at what I needed, it said 2 forms of ID, an out of state license and social security card.
they didn't say shit about proof of residency.

Like an illegal immigrant would choose to live in Akron.......

had to go back home, pick up my green card. Then go back to the License bureau......

just a palava.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
as much as 3????

I've been to 5 different BMVs and the only one to have a clue about immigrants was North Olmsted. My wife was there to get her license and because of all the hassle at other ones I asked. Without thinking they said the filing receipt would be fine, I just bring it in, the call Columbus for official approval and 4 year license would be given. No umms, no ahhs, no blank looks, just bring the receipt and we'll make sure you get a 4 year license.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I've been to 5 different BMVs and the only one to have a clue about immigrants was North Olmsted. My wife was there to get her license and because of all the hassle at other ones I asked. Without thinking they said the filing receipt would be fine, I just bring it in, the call Columbus for official approval and 4 year license would be given. No umms, no ahhs, no blank looks, just bring the receipt and we'll make sure you get a 4 year license.
Do you think perhaps they deal with expats more often in North Olmstead?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:05 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Do you think perhaps they deal with expats more often in North Olmstead?
dunno, but if you ever end up in lake county, don't even bother with the numpties at the main test centre up in Painsville. Only office I've found that actually understand things is in Willowick

Last edited by Paul S; Mar 3rd 2009 at 2:07 pm. Reason: I'm a numpty too and got the office location wrong