hope ?

Old Aug 1st 2002, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

sxsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hope ?

the INS foke got our K3 application on 3rd may............... its now 1st august.

My husband has come to UK as many times as possible but now all his holliday time is used up and besides this is costing a fortune.

It took the senetor 5 weeks to get a repliy from the INS that was : "we are now processing forms from the 24th April"...

... so what ? every approx 30 days they process 7 days worth of forms ? what are they doing in there ?

The lawyer said "dont try and enter on a torist visa, you could be deprted for 5 years "...ahh

And then just incase we wernt quiet broken yet :

"after you recive nottification that your K3 application has been approved you could have to wait up to another 6 months for you interview, maby longer, im not really sure... "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The US embassy in London said "we cant help you " then when i burst into tears " look madam, the INS are very efficent and will get to your application when they can" .......... all for the price of £1 a minit.

My best mate said "they are testing you, think of it as a Jedi night challenge". ...

What do you people say ?

any one got any good news or hope for me ? i love this man & no longer have the Blitz survival feeling of filling time waiting with fun hollidays. I just want to be with him.

Please tell me how long you genuinly think we have left before K3 approval nottification and then what happens next & how long that takes....

cheers.
love nearly -(but not quiet)-beaten -girl sxsx
Old Aug 1st 2002, 5:20 pm
Texandie

Default Re: hope ?

Did you guys file your petitions orignally with the Consultate in the UK, or did your
husband start it all from here? My exhusband was from Finland and we were married
over there and I lived there for about 9 months....AFTER I returned to the States, I
learned that if I applied for his visa from here in Texas, it could take up to three
years to process...BUT, If I had started the process from the Consulate, he most
likely would have been able to come over with me. (He wasn't prepared to leave
Finland, at that time though) We were also told that if I flew back to Finland and
applied at the Consulate, it would only take about 6 months....we choose the latter
and he had his approval within about 6 months.

I can only imagine how hard this whole thing is for you both, but at this point, all
you can really do is wait. As far as entering on a Tourist Visa or Visa Waiver...it
would depend upon what your intentions were. If you just came for a visit, it would
be OK...my ex husband came to visit while his app was pending. (I am sure he didn't
tell the INS officer he was coming to visit his WIFE, but he might have) However, if
you attempt to adjust your status, you would be in trouble....the reason is because
you already have a application on file. So you see, they KNOW you are planning to
stay. If you had simply come into the country on a holiday, BEFORE filing anything,
you would have been able to adjust your status. There would have been a bit of
"crossing the line" there, but we do what we have to. It's too late for that now. The
only advice I can offer is to keep on the Senator. Write to any and everyone in the
government you can think of....something HAS to break. I mean, take heart in the fact
that unless there are some real extinuating circumstances (such as, you have a
criminal history, or AIDS) your application will eventually be approved. You are the
spouse of a US Citizen....it WILL happen..it's just going to take time. I am sorry
there isn't more advice to be offered...I have been separated from my husband too,
and I know how hard and frustrating it is.

If you just want to chat, email me and we can try to hook up online sometime.
Otherwise, feel free to e-mail me anytime....if nothing else, I am a good listener.
<[email protected]>

Sincerely, Andria

On 1 Aug 2002 15:20:54 GMT, sxsx <[email protected]> wrote:

>the INS foke got our K3 application on 3rd may............... its now 1st august.
    >
    >My husband has come to UK as many times as possible but now all his holliday time is
    >used up and besides this is costing a fortune.
    >
    >It took the senetor 5 weeks to get a repliy from the INS that was : "we are now
    >processing forms from the 24th April"...
    >
    >.. so what ? every approx 30 days they process 7 days worth of forms ? what are they
    >doing in there ?
    >
    >The lawyer said "dont try and enter on a torist visa, you could be deprted for 5
    >years "...ahh
    >
    >And then just incase we wernt quiet broken yet :
    >
    >"after you recive nottification that your K3 application has been approved you could
    >have to wait up to another 6 months for you interview, maby longer, im not really
    >sure... "
    >
    >!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    >The US embassy in London said "we cant help you " then when i burst into tears "
    >look madam, the INS are very efficent and will get to your application when they
    >can" .......... all for the price of £1 a minit.
    >
    >My best mate said "they are testing you, think of it as a Jedi night challenge". ...
    >
    >What do you people say ?
    >
    >any one got any good news or hope for me ? i love this man & no longer have the
    >Blitz survival feeling of filling time waiting with fun hollidays. I just want to be
    >with him.
    >
    >Please tell me how long you genuinly think we have left before K3 approval
    >nottification and then what happens next & how long that takes....
    >
    >cheers. love nearly -(but not quiet)-beaten -girl sxsx

Old Aug 1st 2002, 5:20 pm
Texandie

Default Re: hope ?

Just saw a posting on here that another couple got their K3 approved in 5
months....there's some hope for you!

Smile! Andria